Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how many cats does it take to reach this level? I am up to four now. We had one, Nutmeg, then my daughter was visiting her dad and there were kittens under his house, so that made two, Mazzy. Then her boyfriend was moving and couldn't afford the extra monthly payment to keep his cat at the new apartment, so we took in Sebastian. Now, I have added Fluffy, refugee from my former relationship.

Am I in danger of hitting CCL territory soon? My daughter also lives here, so technically we have two cats each. Does that make a difference?

Photos of the brood.
1. Nutmeg
2. Mazzy
3. Sebastian
4. Fluffy

Edit: I failz on the poale goodness. :rolleyes:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Well You're a CCL-in-training.

There's a Crazy Cat Lady in my neighborhood that feeds ALL the strays in a few block radius...has bowls in her garage-all of it....I've walked by her garage on my commute and have seen 3 or 4 strays sleeping on her car....I've seen her pop open the back of her SUV and open a big bag of cat feed-with 15 or so expectant strays....yikes.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cats are all spayed/neutered and are strictly indoor animals and I don't feed any strays.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
We're at the 1.5 cats: 1 person ratio right now.

I think if you supersede 2:1 then you've definitely in the running or feeding random strays like 1201 described. Cute bunch though.

Oh yeah:

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
It's the curse of the kitteh bracelet! :) (how many kittehs are on that thing anyway? Five? Then you've one more to go.)

I think that's a great bunch. And no, you're not at CCL status yet. You have 96 cats to go and a hundred punds to gain before we can call you CCL.

I have two but I really have three now. I took pity on a stray/feral cat and he now lives in my barn. Curse of the kitteh bracelet! He waits on my porch for me to get home at night, or goes looking for me out in the horse paddock when it's chow time. That reminds me, I've just got to trap him and get him vaccinated and neutered.

I hope Fluffy settles in well with his cousins. He is indeed very fluffly!

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
It's the curse of the kitteh bracelet! :) (how many kittehs are on that thing anyway? Five? Then you've one more to go.)

I think that's a great bunch. And no, you're not at CCL status yet. You have 96 cats to go and a hundred punds to gain before we can call you CCL.

I have two but I really have three now. I took pity on a stray/feral cat and he now lives in my barn. Curse of the kitteh bracelet! He waits on my porch for me to get home at night, or goes looking for me out in the horse paddock when it's chow time. That reminds me, I've just got to trap him and get him vaccinated and neutered.

Whatever happened to the fawn?

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:

There are 5 or 6 on the kitteh bracelet. :yikes:

Fluffy is a girl. And that photo doesn't even come close to doing her justice. She is HUGE. Nutmeg and Mazzy are very small cats and I when they first saw Fluffy I think they thought, "Holy sh!t! It's a lion!" :D They are all giving each other a wide berth right now. Sebastian is a little bigger than the little girls, so he isn't as intimidated, but he is still keeping his distance. Hopefully they will settle in soon.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Aw, I could never refuse to feed a stray. But if they became numerous, would have to try the catch/fix/release process.

My sister is up to 8 or 9 right now. Luckily she married a cat guy. She's a vet, so she tends to collect the misfits that are left for dead. She's got a cat with one eye, another full of buckshot whose ears she had to remove (tumors). They're all dysfunctional somehow. They don't want kids; they're satisfied being able to rescue cats.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
taanx! your kitties look real sweet, luv that first pic, should be titled "The Universe Is Mine, All Mine"

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
180 said:
taanx! your kitties look real sweet, luv that first pic, should be titled "The Universe Is Mine, All Mine"
Please don't encourage her! :D

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
One of your cats looks like Jabba the Hut, and the other two (with eyes open) look mean as phuck.

Btw, I'm deathly allergic to cats. Sux.

First pic is the awesomeness.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
One of your cats looks like Jabba the Hut, and the other two (with eyes open) look mean as phuck.

Love the first picture too. But I'm looking at it from a HD ready sony tv so maybe that skews the colors as well.

//What the heck are you doing up at like 220 am dude?

///Get some sleep.

////Wait what? Oh I just wanted to add this line. :D

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
yes..

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Your definition of CCL is a little skewed.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Floor is 4 cats, and at least a 3:1 ratio cat per household member (city) or 5:1 (country).

So feel free to stock up on a few more, you have some headroom.

:)

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DrRoebuck said:

Nutmeg, in the first pic (which I love too, thanks!) is mean as hell. She doesn't like to be held or petted and she growls and hisses at pretty much everyone except me.

Mazzy, eyes closed, is the sweetheart of the bunch.

Sebastian, the siamese, is very sweet but kind of skittish. Also the only male.

Jabba aka Fluffy is the chillest cat ever. Seriously, she's awesome.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
lets_ride said:
Nutmeg, in the first pic (which I love too, thanks!) is mean as hell. She doesn't like to be held or petted and she growls and hisses at pretty much everyone except me.

Mazzy, eyes closed, is the sweetheart of the bunch.

Sebastian, the siamese, is very sweet but kind of skittish. Also the only male.

Jabba aka Fluffy is the chillest cat ever. Seriously, she's awesome.
Sebastian is one lucky Siamese kitteh!

:ihih:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts