Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Make the guy wait 4 days. Let him know why. Sellers expect to have cleared funds prior to shipment. "Completed" payments mean the buyer has sent the funds, but does not mean they've cleared the bank. Once it has cleared the bank, I don't think it can be reversed. Check with Paypal on that.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
That's a question for Paypal.

Fez said:
Thanks, BS.

Actually, the pending eCheck status is "Uncleared" for the next 4 days until it clears.

Once it clears, the status will be "Completed," just like all the other instant payments I have received.

My next question was whether "completed" payments could actually be reversed, kind of like that international forged bank check scam, where it they would overpay with an authentic looking forged check and ask you to deposit the check, where it would clear, and then send the item and a refund. Weeks later, the check would come back cuz it was forged, and you were out the item and the amount you refunded.

Any possibility of something similar happening on Paypal?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.