Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
In most transactions, Paypal can reverse the transaction even after the check clears. Check the Paypal site to find out what ALL the restrictions are for them to void their right to reverse the transaction. One condition I know for sure is that you must be shipping to the Paypal confirmed address for the Paypal account being used.

If you have any reason to be suspicious, be careful.

Bryan

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Fez,

Yes the guy's intent was to scam me from the start. I unknowingly received payment from a "hijacked" paypal account. The transaction was completed. I then transferred the money to my checking account from Paypal and received confirmation that the dollars had gone through. I then shipped the product only to get an email from Paypal a couple days later saying they believed the transaction to be fraudulent. I ended up without dollars or product. If I had shipped to the confirmed Paypal address (in the U.S.), Paypal would have honered the transaction taken the hit themselves. There may have been some other criteria the transaction had to meet as well. I can't remember.

Good Luck,
Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.