Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Lately after a hard race I had on sunday my legs are feeling pretty lethargic and trying to do intervals is impossible. I took one day off after the race, tuesday easy ride, and wed and thurs one hour on the trainer with just one interval that I couldn`t complete them to 7 (the number of intervals I usually do in this sessions). Fryday I took it off and today at saturday it was the same crap, I couldn`t do more than one interval.
I don`t know what`s happening because it`s really weird that it is taking me so long to recover of a race (usually I get fully recovered in 4 days, and at the 5th day I`m doing my intensity work again).

Also I`been doing intervals since late february but with proper rest, I have all this time doing them (obviusly mixed with long training rides but 90% of my saddle time had been intervals at VO2Max). SMSPS intervals of 4 -3 -2 mins, sometimes of 5 minutes and then 5-7 mins of mspo. All of them with same recovery time.

I want to know from you how do I know if I`m overtraining or what is happening with my body. I haven`t used any other supplement, just some stimulant x (fat burner, www.anabolics.com) this tuesday and wednesdays for some collegue exams (you know...to get more concentration, believe that being so skinny the fat burning propertys are not what I look for ). But I just took it for two days, no more

What blood work should I do? Or is it recommendable to get and inyection of something (vitamins or whatever you can recommend)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

bye

·
Registered
176 Posts
wow

Can you still force yourself to do aerobic base building rides at a lower hr, does it feel shitty? and do find yourself only being able to go balls out?
-i have seen people really fall apart using stimulants. you really need to use coffee or espresso instead. Pills are bad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Iron deficiency maybe? Just a guess...I remember Greg Lemond's problem at one point..when he felt flat and it was his masseur, of all people who correctly diagnosed his problem. Let me post a portion of an article about this:

" LeMond had his blood tested near the end of the Tour de Trump to see if that might yield some clue to his disappointing performances. It revealed nothing. He returned to Europe to prepare for the Tour of Italy, one of cycling's most prestigious events after the Tour de France. There, too, he faltered. In the first mountain stage LeMond lost eight minutes to the leaders. His masseur, Otto Jacome, who has been a friend of the LeMond family since Greg was 15, took one look at him afterward and said, "You are white. You need iron."

Again LeMond had his blood tested. This time he was diagnosed as anemic, and his doctor immediately gave him an injection of iron. "I was riding myself into the ground," LeMond says. "I was pushing so hard that I was eating into my muscles."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.