Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just feeols to me like everything is perfect at this time of the year. Weather, perfect, tempeture, perfect, scenery, perfect. Plus the feeling that winter is coming makes every ride more and more precious.

Anyway, thats how i feel. I love the fall.

Bill

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
True. I do enjoy them but the "feeling that winter is coming" isn't nearly as good as the "summer is coming" feeling on spring rides when everything starts blooming....

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
it would be great if it didn't rain so much... fallen leaves + rain are not a great mix on the road.

I ride the Cyclocross bike instead

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,751 Posts
Fall on The California Central Coast

This year we were cheated out of a Summer since the past couple of months have been cooler than normal with a pesky marine layer keeping things gloomy most of the day.

We are finally getting some warm, sunny weather and mornings without fog!

I love the Fall out here.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
I save lots of vacation for fall riding. Usually I have to leave work early to get a decent ride in. Thank god for dvr, because on nice weekends in the fall I refuse to stay inside watching t.v. when I can be out riding.
I tend to ride mountain bike a bit more, to enjoy the fall colors and the scents better.
I love fall riding because usually I'm in better shape, and I can push up the climbs and feel better than in the spring when it's a struggle. Not as much wind either. The bugs go away after the first freeze or so, an the roads are cleaner than in the spring.
Yes, fall riding rocks!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Nice weather here in the Norcal foothills. Supposed to hit the low 90's today. But winter is knocking on the door and pretty soon I will be layering up. Enjoy it while you can.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
I much prefer riding in summer, when the temps are over 100, and I sweat so much I can't see and the cables on my bike rust solid

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Socal here. Fall is a great time to ride here. In fact, the temp. will be in the 90s these next few days.

I enjoy riding early mornings when the fog is still lingering a bit, then 1/2 way through the ride, the sun comes out....aahhh :)

·
Banned
976 Posts
yes, if. ..

crossracer said:
It just feeols to me like everything is perfect at this time of the year. Weather, perfect, tempeture, perfect, scenery, perfect. Plus the feeling that winter is coming makes every ride more and more precious.
Bill
If you're unemployed. I work 8-4:30 so when I get home now at 5:00pm the sun is of 3/4 down as sunset is as of today 6:56 pm. We're are also losing 2 minutes plus a day.:(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year. Not just for riding but running, football, among other things. Not really wild about the leaves dropped from my 3 70' oaks but then again the shade is nice.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
If you're unemployed. I work 8-4:30 so when I get home now at 5:00pm the sun is of 3/4 down as sunset is as of today 6:56 pm. We're are also losing 2 minutes plus a day.:(
That's for sure. I rushed home yesterday to try to get a quick 12 mile ride in. Started around 6:15. Definitely brought my bike lights, b/c it was dark on the way back. That's why I look forward to my club's Sunday ride every week (my only day off :( )

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Just about anytime the kids are back in school and the weather isn't hotter than 85F. Yesterday was not nice for me...by the time I came back, it was 90F. I like winter spring in So. Cal.

·
Sucker for carbon
266 Posts
Fall is definitely my favorite too. It's just right where I live - cooler but no rain yet, no spring allergies, no insanely hot summer temperatures...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Also big fan of fall. I know my fitness level will decline some over the winter so I don't feel like I have to be in "training" mode on every ride. Also lets some nagging injuries have a chance to heal.
O
Plus it gives me something to do instead of wasting time watching football!

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
San Diego here. The Fall is absolutely terrific.
Nice breeze and things smell so nice.
Doesn't get any better than that.

john

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:

6am rides are fantastic here(N.Eastern NY). 45-55 degrees at 6 am and 60ish by 8am right now. An absolutely splendid time to view the changing leaves in the adirondacks / green mountains. Its getting dark here about 7:30ish. I'll be out on a ride tomorrow morning and will try to grab a few snaps with a camera.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts