Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Wheel guru's.Need a little input on these cr-420 A/C's.I have these on a "05" Felt F2c 58cm. I am 215lbs and the dealer that i purchased the bike from appeared to be quite knowledgable about the wheel's and hubs,he sounded off very positive on them.I have thou felt this pronounced wobble in the bars when shook back and forth slightly.Some other feedback's suggested that at my weight that i may be pushing the limits of this wheelset past what it's intended to do,i must also mention that i'm not a tuck and fly guy or take the corners as i used to in my pre-Lance days.On the looks side of things,the wheels with their funky stickers removed and nice aero profile are just that looks.....So who can give me some useable advice on a possible relace and with what,or a replacement with the same or better profile that is affordable??:cool: :confused: Thanxs,

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Spinman said:
.I have thou felt this pronounced wobble in the bars when shook back and forth slightly.Some other feedback's suggested that at my weight that i may be pushing the limits of this wheelset past what it's intended to do,Thanxs,

Take the wheelset into the shop and have them check out the bearings and cone nuts(?) that hold the bearings and axle together. I have had some continuing problems that I haven't yet sorted out on my front hub of 05 350's. I have enough wheels sets to ignore if I choose to.

I have a set of 420's as well, and they are very strong wheels. No worries there. The super light hubs can have problems though. They may require occational maintience.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Spinman said:
I have thou felt this pronounced wobble in the bars when shook back and forth slightly.
If you are using the American Classic quick releases (my 2004 works this way)- they have a crappy cam mechanism and you must tighten them with an extreme amount of force. If you do not do this, and tighten the way one would use a Campy or Shimano quick release, they will still be a little loose when you fully close the quick release. It's like they screwed up the cam shape so it gets really tight when you are in the act of closing it and then it get loose when it is fully closed. The symptom for me is I can shake the wheel at the rim and see that the hub is loose.

Dunno if this is just my quick release or your weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.