Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched it with my kid last night.

It was difficult explaining the '80's to him. If not for the NNC theme would have been a total waste our time. I'm still trying to decide if it's like either Flashdance or Rocky on bikes.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
hfc said:
I'm still trying to decide if it's like either Flashdance or Rocky on bikes.
Funny- I love the movie "North Shore" and always explain it as "Karate Kid" with surfing instead of karate. Outsider moves to Hawaii to surf, gets clowned by the locals, meets aging zen master type, meets hot forbidden girl, learns what is really important about surfing, gets girl, beats a-hole locals in epic contest, earns their respect.

·
Registered
296 Posts
hfc said:
Watched it with my kid last night.

It was difficult explaining the '80's to him. If not for the NNC theme would have been a total waste our time. I'm still trying to decide if it's like either Flashdance or Rocky on bikes.

i personally love the movie and have it on DVD...............as to what to compare it to ?? Id say its kinda like Rocky on bikes

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
watch Triplets of Bellville with your kiddo...i want to hear how you are going to explain THAT one...lol

·
off the back
15,398 Posts
CdaleNut said:
i personally love the movie and have it on DVD...............as to what to compare it to ?? Id say its kinda like Rocky on bikes
One of my cable channels showed a widescreen version earlier this year, which i had never seen before; everything I've ever seen has been pan and scanned. Sadly, I didn't record it, figuring i'd catch it again later. Came into it halfway through anyway.

But it's never aired again since, at least that i've known of. I'd really like to record this widescreen version and burn it to DVD.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
N**e is going to have a crush on Rae Dawn Chong for the rest of his life. Soul Man did it for me.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Just make sure to explain that::
1. dogs do chase you.
2. Don't wear a cowboy hat when you ride.
3. Soviets ALL have beards.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lemonlime said:
N**e is going to have a crush on Rae Dawn Chong for the rest of his life. Soul Man did it for me.
Mrs hfc watched it with us. She made me fast forward through all the "relationship" scenes.I don't know how I'm ever going to teach that kid anything with her around.

He did learn tho that if you hate America you grow a big bushy beard and have to wear a dorky bike helmet.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
hfc said:
Mrs hfc watched it with us. She made me fast forward through all the "relationship" scenes.I don't know how I'm ever going to teach that kid anything with her around.

He did learn tho that if you hate America you grow a big bushy beard and have to wear a dorky bike helmet.
You should send him out west to spend a little time with Uncle Lemonlime.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Haha! I just watched American Flyer the other day on Netflix with my iPad. The Gym scene on the treadmill was still the dumbest part of the movie.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
stover said:
Haha! I just watched American Flyer the other day on Netflix with my iPad. The Gym scene on the treadmill was still the dumbest part of the movie.
once you got it up, keep it up?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
That kid, the Coach's son? He became the role model for today's young adults...except he had no tatoos or smart phone implanted on his chin.

The cowboy hat was a good touch.

Isn't that gal running for the senate in Nevada right now?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
cydswipe said:
1. dogs do chase you.
Make sure your girlfriend is there to catch you if you pass on on your bike while going downhill.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
cydswipe said:
1. dogs do chase you.
He won't have ANY idea what a Soviet is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts