Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Well, I thought I was F'ed. On vacation, ebay Avid Tri-Aligns (four pairs) up for auction. No real interest even a day before the close. Ski Lake Louise on Sunday, get back to Calgary around six, or about half an hour before close time. No internet access at my cousin's place. No trouble, free net at a bar down the road. Whoops, it's closed. Call a friend: bid for me please, explain ebay in two minutes, bidding, watching, waiting, sniping, etc. Crud, she calls back half an hour later. "Lost all the auctions. Baby needed a bath and you got sniped on the blue and green sets." No brakes for me. Not happy. Wanted the blue set.
Check email today. Second chance. Never heard of this. So I win the blue and green. Now very happy. Already paid for the blues. Thinking about buying the greens, too. Was wondering if anyone wanted green or blue Avid Tri-Aligns. I don't think this can be counted as forum based advertising, since I'm just telling a story for my forum friends.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Don't listen to him! He just THINKS he wants the green ones...

...besides, I'm the one who tipped you to the auctions (he said, ingratiatingly...)

Mmmmmmmmmmm--on second thought, better let 'em go to 'licious. I need to wait until I find work before I start finding (more) bike stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.