·
gazing from the shadows
27,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Stop pickin' on george

Boy oh boy, you wait until a guy's down on his luck, and then you kick him. Next thing, some big shot-troublemaker will really call for a close investigation of george's youthful indiscretions in the Texas and Alabama Air National Guard. Can't they show the man any respect?

·
pack fodder
442 Posts
ho hum ...

"Talking points" have been a way of life for BOTH political parties. I don't recall a day going by during the 8 yrs of the previous admin where you could turn on any tv channel or radio station and not hear everyone "on message", both pro and con (the "talking heads" shows in particular). In many cases, their utterances were verbatim, so you know they were each getting their marching orders from their same respective sources.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Analyze, don't Parrotize

HouseMoney said:
"Talking points" have been a way of life for BOTH political parties.
Yes. What do these PARTICULAR talking points reveal? What is your analysis? Please cite the text.

If you have a combative nature, show ways that Suskind's interpretation of the documents is flawed. Attack!

·
pack fodder
442 Posts
Who's being combative?

I was merely stating that this is no great exposé. Seeing the memos in print may appear to make it seem more blatant, but the Republican Party doesn't have a monopoly on this tactic.

Did the Democrats not have internal memos circulating last year that concerned strategies to block Bush's judicial nominees? Both major parties want to be "on message" as it were, to be on the same page. The sites you referenced just happened to print those "pages".

I'm not excusing it, nor am I apologizing on behalf of the Republicans. Each party does it when they're trying to get their message out, and the respective opposition party does the same in their rebuttals.

Talk about "parroting", that's what these politicians sound like when they make their nightly appearances on the various media outlets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts