Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A real poor loser.

Pierre-Emmanuel Dalcin uses sign language to make his point clear during the men's super-G.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I'd have been upset too......

MikeBiker said:
A real poor loser.

Pierre-Emmanuel Dalcin uses sign language to make his point clear during the men's super-G.
they started 19 guys in the fog in the morning before calling it.......18 of the 19 didn't make it down the run....he was the only one who made it......when the alled it, they cancelled his run.......his afternoon run resulted in him missing a gate and being DQ'd.

All the other participants were upset also because the 19 got, in effect a practice run....something not supposed to happen in Super G......the official's hosed this, no matter what they decided once they allowed this many to run before they cancelled it. I suspect TV was somehow involved.

The officials deserved some sign of unhappiness....this may be too much, though.

Len

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
MikeBiker said:
A real poor loser.

Just giving the judges the international symbol for peace, what's wrong with that?

·
Super Moderator
19,483 Posts
I read about this in this morning's paper. It looks as if he actually had the fastest time in the first run that was nullified because it started to snow. I think he crashed out or DQ'd in the subsequent run.

It seems many thought that the first run should have continued in the snowfall. If it had, Dalcin would have gotten a much higher placing.

Also the article I read seemed to imply he was making the gesture at the mountain. Not at anyone in particular.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
MikeBiker said:
A real poor loser.

nah, he got skrewed...big time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts