Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these plastic shoes as comfortable as everyone says they are.

I am thinking of getting a pair and wearing them with cycling socks to improve my geek factor.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bigrider said:

I am thinking of getting a pair and wearing them with cycling socks to improve my geek factor.
yeah. friend bought me a pair for my b-day last year. They are comfortable, but they are also damn ugly. Living in Boulder you can get away with wearing them though. We're the home of many ugly fashion trends such as wearing socks and sandals.

//actually wearing them RIGHT NOW at work with cycling socks if truth be told.

·
grasso e lento
116 Posts
Yes they are

They are..... What sealed the deal for us was talking to a female marathoner whom said I wear these over my running shoes, I only wish I could run in these.....

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
They're worth it. Don't get the extremely cheap knock offs, though. They're not worth it. A friend of mine learned that the hard way.

I have some bright orangey red ones. Of course, living by the beach I can get away with wearin 'em (WITHOUT SOCKS, idjuts) because they're very practical as far as sand/water/beach go.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
paint said:
They're worth it. Don't get the extremely cheap knock offs, though. They're not worth it.
Yeah...bought some of the knockoffs for the kids. The plastic is harder and not anywhere near as comfortable.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone wear the model that doesn't have the holes in them? I think they are called Aspens. I want to know if the closed toes cause your feet to sweat too much.

I guess I am going to get a pair.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bigrider said:
Does anyone wear the model that doesn't have the holes in them? I think they are called Aspens. I want to know if the closed toes cause your feet to sweat too much.

I guess I am going to get a pair.
The originals make my feet sweat enough as it is. I suppose if you want something waterproof for gardening they would be a good idea. Tried a pair of the Crocs flip flops the other day and didn't find them very comfortable.

check out The Pedestrian Store in Boulder. They have tons of these things there!

http://www.comfortableshoes.com/crocs-store.cfm

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
Stepdaughter loves them

And there's an amazing number of people wearing them on the island I work on. I have to admit, it's kind of funny seeing some of the "good old boy" commercial fisherman wearing those florescent colored ones, but as I said, they are comfortable, and must have pretty good traction of a wet boat.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
The originals make my feet sweat enough as it is. I suppose if you want something waterproof for gardening they would be a good idea. Tried a pair of the Crocs flip flops the other day and didn't find them very comfortable.

check out The Pedestrian Store in Boulder. They have tons of these things there!

http://www.comfortableshoes.com/crocs-store.cfm

Thanks Bo, I will go with the beach ones that have the ventilation.

·
Registered
581 Posts
those shitz are ugly

they are mad ugly shoes........clogs....whatever....

i consider myself a pretty fashionable buy and wouldn't get dead in those nasty things....... no matter how comfy they are

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i heart riding said:
they are mad ugly shoes........clogs....whatever....

i consider myself a pretty fashionable buy and wouldn't get dead in those nasty things....... no matter how comfy they are

I know this is a foreign concept to you but when you reach a certain age and are happily married, you really don't care too much about style as long as you get permission to wear the item from your spouse. My wife has all but banned bib overalls from my wardrobe selection even thogh they are high on the comfort list.

·
Registered
581 Posts
thats beat!

bigrider said:
I know this is a foreign concept to you but when you reach a certain age and are happily married, you really don't care too much about style as long as you get permission to wear the item from your spouse. My wife has all but banned bib overalls from my wardrobe selection even thogh they are high on the comfort list.

u shouldn't have to ask your wife if it's ok to wear something............
....plus lookin nice NEVER goes out of style.......

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i heart riding said:
u shouldn't have to ask your wife if it's ok to wear something............
....plus lookin nice NEVER goes out of style.......

I know I shouldn't have to ask my wife if it is ok to wear something but it is better than
getting dressed to go out and hearing

You don't plan on wearing that do you?

Which when translated into Man language means

You are changing before we are leaving.

·
Obviously not doping
139 Posts
I love mine, I have 2 pairs. my wife has 2 pairs, my 5 year old, my 4 year old and my 2 year old all have them and wear them every day. They are ugly as sin, though, no doubt. I just tell people that they are at least twice as comfortable as they are ugly, and that usually gets people wondering just how comfortable they are. I wear mine all the time, as soon as I get home from work they are on my feet. I used to wear birkenstocks, but they stunk so bad no matter what you did to them, but these don't at all. they are "closed cell" so, they don't stay wet and don't get stinky, which my wife appreciates greatly. Absolutely go get some, they're worth every dime and all the looks you get.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
imjps said:
They look comfortable to me, and I think you can run in the mud w/ them as Hollywood did at Sea Otter.
is she riding rigid ss?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
bigrider said:

blondie bought two pairs for her daughter, who is in nursing school and also works at a doc's ofc. one of them made its way back here. she's wearing the baby blue ones. they're horrid, but both of them swear by the comfort.

my personal ownself, um, no. then again, i favor boots. don't mean i wouldn't try them, tho.

hey, i like me some bib overalls, too.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yep, already worn out a pair.

They are light as a feather and feel like sponges. Hence, easy to wear out. Probably cost about 35 cents to make and sell for $29.99. Damn geniuses. They float and you can hose them out if they get dirty.

Minus - not good for any athletic activity. I was at my daughters soccer practice and took a shot on goal.... the ball went wide right and my croc went high and wide left. Note to self... laces next time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts