Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,771 Posts
i pee on the my bike a lot. It helps the other males know which is my ride.
but if i find a male with a sweeter ride i might just pee on his too and stake my claim

ideally, you should be drinking enough water to need to take a break every couple hrs.
recommend taking a side road, heading behind a tree etc.
if you're stuck somewhere without much cover, handle your buissness with one hand, put the other on your forhead like you're searching around. a good friend taught me that one. It's amazing how inconito it is.

bibs, roll up the leg is easier then going over the top

dilution is the solution to polution... don't saturate one spot, hose down a broader area. Leaves less stink and will evaporate faster and not burn the plants

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
Speaking of racing 206 miles. Does anybody pee "on" the bike. If so, what's the best technique?
just do a superman off the nearest jump, grab your saddle and let it fly.

· Registered
8 Posts
sit down on some grass patch, and Stretch your Hammies, one leg at a time, as your stretching your hammie - have a pee, finnish pee, stretch other hammie if only for like 5sec stand up, stretch your back (as if all you have been doing is stretching) and resume riding. Sit on a high side of dirt so pee runs away from you............
You can do this one anywhere. Even with people around, they just think your stretching.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
Here's how to do it

bmxhacksaw said:
Speaking of racing 206 miles. Does anybody pee "on" the bike. If so, what's the best technique?
The technique is as follows: First find the proper conditions - gradual downhill or quartering tail wind is best. Move to the back of the group. Grab the handlebar tops with your "up wind" hand. Stand on your downwind leg and lean the bike into the wind, while keeping in a straight line. With your free hand, simultaneously pull down your shorts and hold the "equipment." Aim about 45 degrees ahead of "straight off to the side" and apply some extra pressure to the bladder. Watch where you are going and concentrate on steering - do not watch where the pee stream is going. Some claim to pull up the leg of the shorts, but I guess my shorts are too tight on the thighs to make this possible. Bib shorts add to the challenge. Practice this several times and well before a race situation. It may seem impossible, but it is and you have to believe! Speed is of the essence and you will still have to chase to get back to the group, but it beats the heck out of stopping.

· Cat 6 rider
3,119 Posts
While watching the Tour de France a couple of years ago Bob Roll said, "I hope they aren't going to show this," as a couple of guys holding empty water bottles started to mess with their shorts. Since they did cut away I have no idea of the actual mechanics, but I bet it takes some skill. It's also the reason you don't drink from a bottle thrown by your favorite team. And throwing a bottle of urine with a loose cap in front of someone is supposed to be a way of showing displeasure towards a rider who's wronged you in the peloton. Personally, I think stopping is the best idea.

· Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kerry Irons said:
The technique is as follows: First find the proper conditions - gradual downhill or quartering tail wind is best. Move to the back of the group. Grab the handlebar tops with your "up wind" hand. Stand on your downwind leg and lean the bike into the wind, while keeping in a straight line. With your free hand, simultaneously pull down your shorts and hold the "equipment." Aim about 45 degrees ahead of "straight off to the side" and apply some extra pressure to the bladder. Watch where you are going and concentrate on steering - do not watch where the pee stream is going. Some claim to pull up the leg of the shorts, but I guess my shorts are too tight on the thighs to make this possible. Bib shorts add to the challenge. Practice this several times and well before a race situation. It may seem impossible, but it is and you have to believe! Speed is of the essence and you will still have to chase to get back to the group, but it beats the heck out of stopping.
I knew at least one person would take me seriously.

So do you unclip the the foot?

· Registered
2,274 Posts
I was driving, as a volunteer for our local NRC race, the Com. 1 official's car behind the womens pro pack during a 60 mile RR. One gal drifted back to the rear of the pack and slid off her saddle onto one thigh. Down came the shorts and she let fly. The official, an experienced USA cycling lady, said.."I've never seen that before" so I guess gal's don't pee much.

Don Hanson

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.