Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leif Hoste took a win today on the opening stage of De Panne. First win for the youngster this year, after taking a 2nd in KBK earlier this year, and according to Cyclingnews, a 5th in the E3 race. Could we see a changing of the guards as far as Disco's classic's leader goes? Out with Hincapie, in with Hoste? Hmm, could be an extra interesting card to play this coming weekend in Flanders, where he finished 2nd before to Wesseman.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
magnolialover said:
Leif Hoste took a win today on the opening stage of De Panne. First win for the youngster this year, after taking a 2nd in KBK earlier this year, and according to Cyclingnews, a 5th in the E3 race. Could we see a changing of the guards as far as Disco's classic's leader goes? Out with Hincapie, in with Hoste? Hmm, could be an extra interesting card to play this coming weekend in Flanders, where he finished 2nd before to Wesseman.
Speaking of those two, where has Wesseman been? Is he injured? And what about Hincapie is he racing Flanders and Roubaix with essentially no race fitness in his legs?

Hoste and Steegmans (who was also in the winning move today) seem like two who should feature in the coming weeks. Dekker and Ballan should be there abouts in Flanders as well. I've kinda lost faith in PvP, he didn't look all that impressive at the E3 race.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
gonna be neat

as Disco will be coming with traditional classics winning squad (mutiple threats). If hammond is healthy they will have Hoste, Devolder, Roger and George which gives them a tactical card like QS's. Yes Peter hasn't looked good but he could be saving himslef as this R-V-V may be his last good shot. His typical,ability to hide near the back and be there for the 'move' seems to be a hindrance more than a helper (P=R last year for example). Gonna be great, my fave part of the whole year.

·
Registered
446 Posts
nice ride

magnolialover said:
Cruising the pictures on CN gave a glimpse of a what appears to be a strong George. Granted, it is only a snapshot, but it's a pic of George next to Boonen climbing the Berendries and George's mouth is closed. Yes, yes, I know, it's only a picture, but my guess is he's going well. We'll see in the TT I guess.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Fear the White Glasses

Hoste, Barry,George.I think they are trying to make it harder to know who is who.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
Speaking of those two, where has Wesseman been? Is he injured? And what about Hincapie is he racing Flanders and Roubaix with essentially no race fitness in his legs?

Hoste and Steegmans (who was also in the winning move today) seem like two who should feature in the coming weeks. Dekker and Ballan should be there abouts in Flanders as well. I've kinda lost faith in PvP, he didn't look all that impressive at the E3 race.
Hincapie has some racing in his legs. Tour of CA, Tirreno-Adriatico, 3 Days of De Panne. It's not a lot, but it's not very different from last year.

I don't think Wesseman is hurt, he was at MSR.

More to the point, has anyone besides Boonen stuck out in the build up to the northern classics? Not yet...

Silas

·
Registered
446 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Hoste, Barry,George.I think they are trying to make it harder to know who is who.
Ha-Ha! Maybe that's why George switched to black?!

Disco looks good, let's hope that they can come through with a big one here. Personally, I'd like to see George do it, but they've got several guys on-form right now that can I think.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
SilasCL said:
Hincapie has some racing in his legs. Tour of CA, Tirreno-Adriatico, 3 Days of De Panne. It's not a lot, but it's not very different from last year.

I don't think Wesseman is hurt, he was at MSR.

More to the point, has anyone besides Boonen stuck out in the build up to the northern classics? Not yet...

Silas
Now that you mention it I do remember seeing him some at Tirreno-Adriatico.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts