Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...of music. One of my favorite bands - the greatest band that nobody's ever heard of - is Hawkwind. My favorite album by them is Warrior on the Edge of Time

Discuss.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Where's that cricket when you need him.

Never heard of em..

My favorite that most people don't know, James McMurtry, Painting by Numbers is a classic. On my personal top 10.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
VaughnA said:
My favorite that most people don't know, James McMurtry.
Sorry, big fan of his here... Have several CD's and drove an hour and a half to see a concert on a weeknight (that never happens anymore). There were four guys in the rented van (no tour bus), James, the two guys in the band and the manager/sound guy. James carried in his own stuff and set it up. How many other signed performers do that?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
The greatest band you've never heard of:

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts

·
Bamboozled by love...
417 Posts
Hmmm....

bmxhacksaw said:
...of music. One of my favorite bands - the greatest band that nobody's ever heard of - is Hawkwind. My favorite album by them is Warrior on the Edge of Time

Discuss.
Was that not the same Hawkwind that Lemmy played bass for in the early 70s? Can't say I know too much of their stuff, but Lemmy and Motorhead turned out sorta okay.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
kykr13 said:
Sorry, big fan of his here... Have several CD's and drove an hour and a half to see a concert on a weeknight (that never happens anymore). There were four guys in the rented van (no tour bus), James, the two guys in the band and the manager/sound guy. James carried in his own stuff and set it up. How many other signed performers do that?
I've liked him since I heard him interviewed on NPR when Painting By Numbers was released.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts