·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The envelope please ...

// rip rip rip //

"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman!
// applause //

Holy cow people, that was an OK song 23 years ago, when cassette tapes were state-of-the-art music storage, acid wash jeans were cool, and you were a master of the universe if you had a brick-sized mobile phone in your car. But times have changed. We've moved on. Believe it or not, there have been other folksy singer-songwriters who have recorded music since then. Let it go.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You may be too young to remember "Hey Jude". I still can't listen to it, and its been 40 years

b21

and I love the Stones old music, but "Satisfaction" does me in. Add "Light My Fire" by the Doors to the list. Am I gving my age away??

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I beg to differ.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Tracy Chapman overplayed...nah, not even close...

the actual winner in this category is:

Led Zep - Stairway to Heaven

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Never even heard the Tracey Chapman song man.

I know the song Hey Jude and kinda like it actually.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Jim Nazium said:
"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman!

Holy cow people, that was an OK song 23 years ago, when cassette tapes were state-of-the-art music storage, acid wash jeans were cool, and you were a master of the universe if you had a brick-sized mobile phone in your car. But times have changed. We've moved on. Believe it or not, there have been other folksy singer-songwriters who have recorded music since then. Let it go.
That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore. I was without my iPod for about a week and had nothing else in the car. What a wasteland. They've been playing the same songs for years. They say iTunes has killed the album........I think the last 10 or 15 years of radio may have put it in a coma. iTunes just put it out of its misery.

Cheese and rice.......I love listening to the radio industry complain about its decreasing market share. Try something new, asshats - no one wants to listen to your failed business model anymore.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Nah, it's Stairway to Heaven.

No song can catch up to that. When the local New Age radio station was converted to Classic Rock, the departing DJs put STH on in a loop and played it for 72 hours straight before new management shut them down. People were calling the police because they thought it was a hostage situation.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
terry b said:
Nah, it's Stairway to Heaven.

No song can catch up to that. When the local New Age radio station was converted to Classic Rock, the departing DJs put STH on in a loop and played it for 72 hours straight before new management shut them down. People were calling the police because they thought it was a hostage situation.
Strange thing is that I still like Stairway no matter how many times I hear it--also Hotel California. Not that I even like either song so much, but they do have "something" about them that makes them such classics.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
"White room" by Cream. It's really not so much of it playing nonstop, it just seems to be about the only Cream song that gets played. That and "All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
It's those lyrics that make you want to pump your fist in the air -

"To be a rock and not to roll"

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"

The sound of our youth bubbling down the drain makes them so compelling.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
:thumbsup: excellent!

But at least it's a decent song. Seems like whenever I accidentally hit the radio button for 102.5 (in Albq) they are always playing "Dream On" by Areosmith. Now THAT sucx

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
theBreeze said:
:thumbsup: excellent!

But at least it's a decent song. Seems like whenever I accidentally hit the radio button for 102.5 (in Albq) they are always playing "Dream On" by Areosmith. Now THAT sucx

Remember that? :D

When I moved here, I loved that station - so mellow.

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uzziefly said:
Never even heard the Tracey Chapman song man.
Yes you have, but your brain has blocked this traumatic experience from your conscious memory, like a car accident or childhood sexual abuse.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Happy Birthday?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
TUT2222 said:
All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix.
That was in Watchmen...:rolleyes:

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
I have no idea why radio that isn't NPR exists. It really is a wasteland (unless you can find a college station)

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Henry Porter said:
I have no idea why radio that isn't NPR exists. It really is a wasteland (unless you can find a college station)
Yup yup. I'm listenting to Weekend Morning Edition right now, and gettin' ready for some Car Talk, Says You, and Prarie Home Companion. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts