Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
woohooo!

Thanks for the votes all.

To celebrate, I'm off to Tuscany in 3 hrs. for the Easter holidays... will post a report when I get back!

Grazie mille,

Philippe

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Congratulations to the man and his "country"

My having just spent Sunday a week ago on top of the Koppenberg with Philippe while he was waiving his Breton flag, I can think of no more appropriate winner than Philippe's Brittany report. I know that when most of us think of Philippe, we think of him as being "French." But, if you ask him he will tell you that he is a Breton (by way of Nashville, that is).

Congratulations, Philippe. I would post congratulations in Breton, but I left my English/Breton phrasebook at home.

Mark.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,207 Posts
philippec said:
You had my vote from the start, in spite of your knocking the favorite of my own photos out in the first round. The quality of the photos in this winning thread, individually and collectively, blew away the competition.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,256 Posts
Congratulations. Your photo essays are one of the main reasons I so relentlessly surf this site. I've even set a good half-dozen of your pics as wallpaper over the past few years. A toast: May your eye stay keen, your shooting finger limber and your Wanderlust lusty.

·
Non non normal
10,085 Posts
Congrats to Philippe

Scott- Great idea and thanks for taking the time to coordinate the effort.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
He's deserving of it

:) Of course, I do say he is a cheater living in some of the more scenic and gorgeous country(ies) that a roadbiker has the honor to visit. Just awesome!

·
building my engine
163 Posts
philippec said:
woohooo!

To celebrate, I'm off to Tuscany in 3 hrs. for the Easter holidays... will post a report when I get back!

Grazie mille,

Philippe
I'd be looking forward to it.:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
big congrats to philippe, you had my vote from the get-go! thanks for all the spectacular photo posts, you make us all feel like we're there as well.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Thanks all!

Scott, Ken, DrHoo, Alter, Mark, Mapai, Bigrider, Ridgetop, MJ Cmatcan and Kai Ming (whose posts I personally think are the best!) -- and all the others who have enjoyed my posts.

Taking the pictures is of course fun, and Ridgetop has it right in that I have some pretty spectacular riding in my backyard (Azerbaijan excluded, of course!) but if it weren't for this forum, I'd be subjecting my family and friends to countless slide shows. So, from them, let me share a huge thank you for allowing me to subject *you* to these pictures!!

Best,

Philippe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts