Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..they're buddies for crying outloud ! Andy and Albert basically saying that they've cleared things up, have a close friendship and won't a misunderstanding like yesterday's stage mishap affect their friendship.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I don't buy it, but either way, both of them are pussies for even trying to make up. Stupid PR crap. Old fashioned grudge matches make for better racing. You didn't see Armstrong and Pantani kiss and make up.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
mohair_chair said:
I don't buy it, but either way, both of them are pussies for even trying to make up. Stupid PR crap. Old fashioned grudge matches make for better racing. You didn't see Armstrong and Pantani kiss and make up.
Instead, LA made up a new nickname for Pantani, something like Elephant Ears. Maybe Schleck should call Contador Pistoloco or something.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mohair_chair said:
I know, i know, you can't satisfy everyone, you got the warlord types who want nothing less than intensity, anger, vitriol in the mix, and you got those who want peace, the diplomats who live by some code of conduct, and apologize when they screw up, but if AC was a d**k yesterday and apologized to Andy, i think that deserves some merit, even if it's just PR. and besides, there's nothin like two pussies makin' up when u know that each of them can kick ass, and leave the rest of the peleton behind, smellin' their musk :)

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
No, Armstrong didn't make up the nickname. It had been around for a while. But it was known that Pantani didn't like it, so of course Armstrong used it as a dig.

I think it would be hilarious if Shleck only referred to Contador as "fingerbang."

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
izzyfly said:
..they're buddies for crying outloud ! Andy and Albert basically saying that they've cleared things up, have a close friendship and won't a misunderstanding like yesterday's stage mishap affect their friendship.
Andy and Alberto bmake out and french each other on TV?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
They don't have to call each other names to make it a great race. Andy's still plenty mad enough to dig deep on Tourmalet Thursday, and Alberto still wants to win. We don't need a lot of growling macho bullsh*t to make a great contest. The race is on the road. Competitors who fight the contest as hard as they can, and still respect each other, can make for great sport. If they hated each other, that could be okay too, but it's not necessary. That stuff is usually stupid PR crap too.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I feel sorry for Contador when he was on the podium today getting booed. He didn't look very happy and got off the podium fast.

Apparently, many fans haven't made up with Conti yet :eek:

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Yes they do. I wish Andy Shleck was more like Carl Edwards, and Contador was more like Brad Keselowski.
I don't know who those people are. I guess we're looking at some kind of a cultural divide here ;-)

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
JohnHenry said:
maybe AC could start calling AS, "Shifty"
Hahah, yes.

On another (twitter) note:

@ChristianVDV: Typical legend. "If you draw your sword and you drop it, you die." - Ryder Hesjedal regarding Shleck's dropped chain and Cantador's attack.

Thought that was interesting, leave me alone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts