Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rained today. All day the broadcast messages at work were about flash flood warnings. The key phrase today was "turn around, don't drown". We have received about 4" of rain so far and it is still raining. On the commute home today I kind of expected a few problems on the section of MUT that crosses a creek. I am glad that I had the camera, no one would have believed the description of the devastation.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More flooding

The mud was over a foot deep in several spots and was so soft that I would sink almost up to my knees when I carried my bike across. Once I got past the flood area, there was a puddle that was about two feet deep that I used to clean up. My SPD sandals were priceless today.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
What a mess

Good thing you were not out there while that was happening.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Give me the needle, give me the rope. We're gonna melt them down to pills and soap...

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Your title put this song in my head instantly :)

That is quite a bit of destruction. It rained on us here in So. Cal. for a day or so and everyone here was freaking out.

Have fun out there. Stay safe.

joe

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
That looks like a mess that won't get cleaned up for quite a while. I hope they get it straightened out for you quickly.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
You want sympathy?.....

bigbill said:
The mud was over a foot deep in several spots and was so soft that I would sink almost up to my knees when I carried my bike across. Once I got past the flood area, there was a puddle that was about two feet deep that I used to clean up. My SPD sandals were priceless today.
you live in Hawaii, and you get one day of bad weather and you want sympathy? :D :p :p :p :p

How the hell did you get thru that?
Not on the Peg I hope.

Len

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Wow, that's some major mud flow going on. So, was the truck in the picture one of your abandoned ones or a new one caught up in the water? So is this one of those Kona lows that's causing all the rain? Also, I was really hoping for a fish shot. :)

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ridgetop said:
Wow, that's some major mud flow going on. So, was the truck in the picture one of your abandoned ones or a new one caught up in the water? So is this one of those Kona lows that's causing all the rain? Also, I was really hoping for a fish shot. :)
I don't know if it has a name other than big frickin hugeass rainstorm. The truck washed down from a neighborhood upstream. This is the same location as the now world famous fish encounter. I looked for fish but it had been a couple of hours since the flood. The fish picture was taken about 20 minutes after a flash flood.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's not working.

Post all the pictures of mud and fish you want to post. Try to keep the place to yourself. I'm still going back to Hawaii someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts