Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a left side dismount/push off. Recently, I've had great pain if I turn on my left foot and realized it's from clipping out/in. :cryin: Outside of alternating feet (tried it, not gonna happen) has anyone else had the problem? Got a way to get rid of it?

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
New problem?

sweatqueen said:
I'm a left side dismount/push off. Recently, I've had great pain if I turn on my left foot and realized it's from clipping out/in. :cryin: Outside of alternating feet (tried it, not gonna happen) has anyone else had the problem? Got a way to get rid of it?
It could be just an adaptation issue, if you have only recently started using the pedals. If you've been riding them for a while and this just cropped up, then think about things that might have changed. If you have trouble clipping out with your "other" foot, then that suggests you either have high release force or need to strengthen your ankles. Treatment would typically be ice and rest. Is there pain when you press on the ankle, or just when you twist it? If there's pain when you press, then that suggests an inflamation, so adding an anti-inflamatory might help. If it persists, this is an issue that might be helped by phsical therapy, or maybe by some pedals that are easier to get out of. You might also try spraying your pedals and cleats with some silicone, or maybe applying some wax to your cleats to help with reducing release force.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.