Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out riding the last week and have been noticing an annoying popping noise when i stand and sprint/climb in the drops. I was wondering what you all think. Me being tech dumb I would have probably over tightened a bolt?
Greatly Appreciated
FeltS22TimeMan

· Registered
273 Posts
I had a similar sounding issue on a new ride of mine. It only happened when I was hammerin' out of the saddle. Took it in and it turned out to be the BB (FSA, external) which was cross-threaded by the factory. I needed a whole new crank/BB/assembly.

· Registered
82 Posts
I had a similar problem and thought my carbon fork was going to explode. Then one day I forgot my water bottle and the noise was gone...it ended up being my bottle rocking around. Sounds stupid but that will make a clunking sound

· Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
Check the faceplate bolts on your stem--the ones that hold the bars in.

If they're even slightly loose, the bars will move, usually generating a heck of a POP or CRACK sound. I thought I'd broken my steerer tube once, but it turned out to be my bars shifting around. Tightened the bolts and it stopped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.