Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this site and the web and need help finding a bb that is English threaded (for a 80s steel fuji) with an ISO? (94 Chorus) taper. I have the original bb from the bike that I can rebuild/change bearings or buy the "whole screw in" unit. I have no problem with either system, I would just like to try to keep the cost down.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
English and Italian threads have no taper, AFAIK. They have different pitch diameters and different pitch, but only pipe threads have actual taper on the threads. There might be a bit of "lead in" on the end of the threads, but as long as the shell is properly chased, even a BB with no "lead in" should thread easily.

As far as the axle goes, Campy has a different square-taper than other manufacturers, and, if I remember correctly, will be loose inside a non-Campy crank. Do you have a Campy crank? If so, you need a Campy axle. Campy DOES make English BB's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.