Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going shopping tomorrow at the two best cycle stores in the area for a set of good bibs. One shop carries the Assos Mille and the other carries the Sugoi RS Flex and Cannondale L.E. Carbon bibs. The Assos and Cannondale are priced about the same with the Sugoi a bit cheaper.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that Assos goes the other way in panel count, touting that they have only 4 panels on their high-end bibs where others brag about their 10-panel design. I'm anxious to see how they do that.

I'm of course going to try them on for fit, but it's harder to evaluate a chamois and other factors at first glance. Does anyone have any comments on this particular grouping?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can only really comment on the Assos (and really only comment on the fi.13), having switched to them last year after trying a number of brands that just never fit me right.

I think the Assos has the best chamois by far because of it's floating design in the fi.13. I had a problem with other chamois being too far back and thus never really sitting on the large part of the pad. For some reason, the Assos position is just about perfect. I've also been very happy with the quality of them. The fit, the materials, and the workmanship are all top notch (as it should be for the price). The one complaint I have is that the gripper strip seems to be a little tight. I am borderline between the med and large and the medium leg band is way too tight for long rides. Otherwise it fits fine everywhere else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.