Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting some Zipp 101's build up with DA-9000 rear hub and not sure what front hub to use. This would be a 24R/18F build. Sapim CX-Ray aero spokes or lasers. Open to other suggestions. Had Zipp 101 with Zipp hubs but they were flexy for my 195 weight. Currently have a C2 build with Alchemy hubs 24/28. Just had to get the rear hub serviced due to shot bearings and chewed up hub body. Love the Ti-hub body on the DA.

Was thinking about a custom 202 build but forget that. Not for our pot holed roads here in CT. No racing just looking for something different. I know the spoke count is low for my weight but looking for a deeper rim but not 45 or 50 due to winds.

What are you thinking?

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Thinking about getting some Zipp 101's build up with DA-9000 rear hub and not sure what front hub to use. This would be a 24R/18F build. Sapim CX-Ray aero spokes or lasers.........for my 195 weight.........pot holed roads here in CT. No racing just looking for something different. I know the spoke count is low for my weight.......What are you thinking?
What am I thinking? You don't wanna know. Maybe I'd like to know what you would consider a good front wheel build for a 115lb elf. Just re-read what I chopped out of your post and ask yourself if you think 18 Lasers, or CX-Rays or 18 of any spoke would be ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What am I thinking? You don't wanna know. Maybe I'd like to know what you would consider a good front wheel build for a 115lb elf. Just re-read what I chopped out of your post and ask yourself if you think 18 Lasers, or CX-Rays or 18 of any spoke would be ok.
Chapeau Mike T.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.