Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There needs to be a Jens Vogt “Tough S.O.B.” Award and Thomas De Gendt needs to get it for this year’s tour.

That is all.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
there needs to be a jens vogt “tough s.o.b.” award and thomas de gendt needs to get it for this year’s tour.

That is all.
^^^^^ this!!!!!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
one of the toughest men in a sport full of them. i liked his quote about why he likes riding in the breakaway: 'it's hard to get in the breakaway;it takes a strong man to ride in the breakaway; and at the end, the strongest man usually wins from the breakaway--which is usually me"

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turned on coverage this morning... heard them say two men in the break... yep.. Matthews and De Gendt!

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
The three breakway have been swallowed up by the 21 chase group.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rough tour for sprinters and the green jersey...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Kittel was involved in a crash early on the stage. His right shoulder looked to have taken most of it and he tore his right cleat out of the shoe. Don't know if these are the causes but he was well back with many others when it happened

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but this tour seems really doomed, all around. Crash outs, lack of engaging competition, lack of access for watching, etc. It all seems very low key.

Of course, this is my view from my side of the Atlantic. Maybe it is the lack of TVG (just kidding).

I wonder what advertising revenue, viewership, and overall enthusiasm look like in Europe.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Maybe it is just me, but this tour seems really doomed, all around. Crash outs, lack of engaging competition, lack of access for watching, etc. It all seems very low key.

Of course, this is my view from my side of the Atlantic. Maybe it is the lack of TVG (just kidding).

I wonder what advertising revenue, viewership, and overall enthusiasm look like in Europe.
Some people love this TdF. It has actually interested me more than the last 4-5 as well, but I hate Sagan and Cavendish aren't racing. I wanted to see what Porte and Valverde could do as well. That being said, I like how close the competitions for the yellow and green jersey have been and the inclusion of punchy Classic-like stages. That has made it a lot more fun for me.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
So...De Gendt lost the overall most-combative rider of 2017 by a voting margin of 4:3.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The 7 votes are split with the jury having 6 and the spectators 1. The spectators voted in favor of TdG by a huge margin so the 4 votes for Barguil came from the jury

1 - 17 of 17 Posts