Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for me the story's the same for many noobs out there. I'm trying to get into this cycling thing, but I have a tight budget for my first bike.

This past weekend I actually rode just under 40 miles on a single speed Langster, and I've got some longer rides coming up in September that I've signed up for (50 miles, and 60 miles). My goal is to do a century by the end of this fall.

I've read most of the threads on here about buying a first new bike and people have gotten deals on last year's models, etc... I just found a deal on a Scott s30 with 105s (which from the forums seems to be the better low-end components). Basically the sale starts tomorrow and it will be $899.

I've seen Mixed reviews about Scott as a company, and most of the reviews about the bike have been by newbies like myself or MTBers.

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they've got plenty of sizes in stock, and they said they'd fit me and everything.

One last question I forgot to include was that I might want to go on longer rides in the future. Is this a bike I could put some saddle bags on?

Thanks for the help!

· Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
Probably can add a rack/bags to it, but ask the store. Make sure to ride it 30 min to 1 hour to make sure it's comfortable after that ride (aside from the sit bones if you haven't ridden in a while).
Also, 105 isn't "low end", it's far superior to the sora/2200 stuff I got now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.