Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah, but from the cr#p publicity in the states...

you'd never know it. What a shame. The guy bust his arse all season, has his best by far and very little if any in velonews. I guess he for sure knows what most of the winter sport athletes feels like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't get it...

Mosovich said:
you'd never know it. What a shame. The guy bust his arse all season, has his best by far and very little if any in velonews. I guess he for sure knows what most of the winter sport athletes feels like.
I picked up the latest velonews a little dissappointed to not see JP on the cover. But I shrugged it off thinking that with the upcoming tour of cali, it makes sense to have George H. on the front. So then, I thumbed through looking for the article that would highlight all the great things J. Page has done in Belgium this year...especially his late season surge. Nope..nothing. I dont get it. Is JP being black balled? Is he an a$$hole or something?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
He comes across...

rather confident, but the more you talk to him, the more likable he is. At the TDG last year, I was one of few people who knew him for cross, most people didn't even know who he was, which was kinda cool for me.

I don't know what Velonews' deal is.

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mattv2099 said:
:eek: clearly someone at velonews reads this forum... :cool: :eek:
well, i believe chris is from NH, so im sure we got a little hometurf bias working in JP's favor :)
(thats a good thing)

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
argylesocks said:
just posted today:

http://www.velonews.com/race/cyc/articles/9526.0.html

good article on JP by Chris Milliman
Love his quote regarding Vanthourenhout "... nobody likes him anyway ..."

Also interesting comments about the dates for US Nationals. I say move them. Some areas of the US will be locked out from hosting (just too cold and snowy) but if the US wants to be anything but a cross backwater, we need to tow the line.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Gripped said:
Love his quote regarding Vanthourenhout "... nobody likes him anyway ..."

Also interesting comments about the dates for US Nationals. I say move them. Some areas of the US will be locked out from hosting (just too cold and snowy) but if the US wants to be anything but a cross backwater, we need to tow the line.
I don't have all the details but at our Seattle cross meeting a couple weeks ago the date of our (USA) nationals was brought up. It was said by our USAC regional rep (i think thats who mentioned it) that the UCI was going to change the date for all the Nat. champs to December for 2008(?). This meaning Europe & the rest of the world. Like i said, this is only what I heard but it was being discussed by a few people who know international cross (Dan Norton, Dale Knapp, Craig Undem umong others). Has anyone else heard of this? I'm not making it up, promise. :). Anyone.......?

Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cross Nats

I have heard that cross nats in Europe will be moved to Dec like US Nats. I think this is so the Euro champions will be able to campaign as champions for a longer stretch of time before worlds.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts