Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Marshall hit-and-run crash injured three siblings Monday afternoon, April 5.

The three children were riding their bicycles on Ralston Road near Arney Road around 3:45 p.m. when a silver Chevy Equinox drove off the road and struck them, Michigan State Police said in a news release.

A 14-year-old boy was taken to a Kalamazoo hospital in a helicopter, and an ambulance transported a 7-year-old boy to Coldwater. A 14-year-old sister was taken home by family.

Police said the front right side of the vehicle should have extensive damage, including a missing passenger side headlight and mirror and the front bumper was dragging on the road after the crash.

The suspect was last seen driving west on Blossom Road, according to police.

Anyone with information about the crash should contact Trooper Alan Fouty at 269-558-0500.
Sad and senseless, and the way the article presents it, it sorta sounds deliberate.

Stay safe out there, folks!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
The report was written by a 3 grader. First it sayes the bikers were riding on the road, then it sayes the vehicle ran off the road to hit them, which is it?
Of course the victims might have been 3 graders, so who knows.
... lets begin with the victim blaming.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I became empathetic at the words bicyclists hit. No need to focus on any other detail than that.

I live in a state that except for some tiny areas, bicyclists have as much standing as a non domestic animal on the road. Bike lanes are a joke. Most I would never use...more dangerous being on a road. These “bike lanes” must be a part of the money package from somewhere that were put in as a part of the deal to get paid for paving.

My favorite is the bike lane that abruptly ends where the new pavement ends.

I read even if a motorist is clearly in the wrong vs. a bicycle, the motorist is not held accountable.

·
Cycling Addict
5,084 Posts
The report was written by a 3 grader. First it sayes the bikers were riding on the road, then it sayes the vehicle ran off the road to hit them, which is it?
Of course the victims might have been 3 graders, so who knows.
... lets begin with the victim blaming.

Back in the dark ages when I was eleven, a friend and I were chased off the road by an angry driver. He had to veer back onto the road when we rode through the ditch and into the trees on the other side of the ditch. The only reason I remember this is that a woman driving behind him became angry at his actions, memorized his license number, stopped to get our information and went home to call the police (dark ages, remember?). We were contacted the next day by the county police but I have no idea what the final result was. I assume that they gave the driver a lecture and left it at that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Few weeks ago driver in a pickup just had to pass me on a country sized two lane, abreast of an oncoming car. Then I could see him staring in his mirror. What? To see if I was run off the road or to go back and apologize to the other driver for almost side-swiping them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts