Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Trek Rental Agent
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the loop with pro cycling. I recently got back into riding. I know what happened at the TDF with Landis.

My question is , On a few rides people have made some smart ass or disrespectful comments about Landis but the comments were met with cold response and people STRONGLY defending Landis. The people that defended him were very aggressive in their defense. Is Landis forgiven?

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
FatGut1 said:
Well I figured since he did his time, why post there?

Because the question is in direct regard to Landis doping, or not doping depending on who you believe. This forum is for the discussion of races, teams in races, teams that may be in races, race tactics or anything along those lines. This is not the place for the discussion of have they been forgiving / did they really do it / who do you really believe threads.

The Doping Forum is ------------> that way

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
And with that, we say goodbye to this thread in this forum and in the other place instead.

·
Trek Rental Agent
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deastin said:
Because the question is in direct regard to Landis doping, or not doping depending on who you believe. This forum is for the discussion of races, teams in races, teams that may be in races, race tactics or anything along those lines. This is not the place for the discussion of have they been forgiving / did they really do it / who do you really believe threads.

The Doping Forum is ------------> that way

Well thank you for setting me straight. I will make sure I run all of my questions by you as to avoid flogging. The Mod could have simply moved the thread and I wouldnt have to read your azzhole reply.

·
Banned
2,231 Posts
waldo425 said:
Hes not off the hook to me. I don't know an incredible amount about the whole thing but it still pisses me off.
Learn more and you will not be so pissed off

·
720 Posts
FatGut1 said:
Well thank you for setting me straight. I will make sure I run all of my questions by you as to avoid flogging. The Mod could have simply moved the thread and I wouldnt have to read your azzhole reply.

Your welcome for setting you "straight". I m currently too busy with my workload to have you running all your future threads by me, so next time just use a little common sense, or read the sticky posted at the top of the page. I m sorry if you took my response as "azzholish" it was not ment to be, but i can certainly go that direction if you prefer.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I think a lot of people get mad when people start ragging on pro cycling in general. It might not be that they think Landis is innocent/rehabilitated/whatever but more that they're tired of hearing about what is wrong with pro cycling. Just a theory, anyway.

·
Trek Rental Agent
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deastin said:
Your welcome for setting you "straight". I m currently too busy with my workload to have you running all your future threads by me, so next time just use a little common sense, or read the sticky posted at the top of the page. I m sorry if you took my response as "azzholish" it was not ment to be, but i can certainly go that direction if you prefer.

Ok, if you consider working the drive thru window a workload so be it. I do understand now that running my future threads by you would be difficult because of your commitment to the "window". Perhaps I can email them to you on your 10 minute break. My qusetion as I mentioned had nothing to do with doping. It had to do with peoples current perspective of Landis. I thought I made that clear a couple of posts ago. Again I think my question may require some thinking outside the box or the "window" for you. With regards to going in an
azzhole direction please feel free.

·
720 Posts
FatGut1 said:
Ok, if you consider working the drive thru window a workload so be it. I do understand now that running my future threads by you would be difficult because of your commitment to the "window". Perhaps I can email them to you on your 10 minute break. My qusetion as I mentioned had nothing to do with doping. It had to do with peoples current perspective of Landis. I thought I made that clear a couple of posts ago. Again I think my question may require some thinking outside the box or the "window" for you. With regards to going in an
azzhole direction please feel free.
Thanks for the personal insults or attacks depending on how you want to look at it. I ll let the fact that you went in that direction go and actually answer your question. In order to get anyones "current perspective" of Floyd Landis you pretty much have to look into his whole TdF affair and figure out who or what you believe. Why? Well the past puts us in our current situation correct? Your initial question of "Is Landis forgiven" points to the whole did he or didn't he argument. Which is what they try and avoid here. You must address the entire issue not just Floyd Landis 2009. FWIW people in my area seem to be 50-50 on him in general.
HTH

·
Trek Rental Agent
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
deastin said:
Thanks for the personal insults or attacks depending on how you want to look at it. I ll let the fact that you went in that direction go and actually answer your question. In order to get anyones "current perspective" of Floyd Landis you pretty much have to look into his whole TdF affair and figure out who or what you believe. Why? Well the past puts us in our current situation correct? Your initial question of "Is Landis forgiven" points to the whole did he or didn't he argument. Which is what they try and avoid here. You must address the entire issue not just Floyd Landis 2009. FWIW people in my area seem to be 50-50 on him in general.
HTH
I apologize if you felt I was personally attacking you as it was not my intention. Insulting perhaps. I was asking a question that you answered clearly. I understand why now you suggested posting my question in another section. If you had just said that in the beginning I may not have come off as such a dick. So again I apologize for the insult.

Best,

Christian

·
720 Posts
FatGut1 said:
I apologize if you felt I was personally attacking you as it was not my intention. Insulting perhaps. I was asking a question that you answered clearly. I understand why now you suggested posting my question in another section. If you had just said that in the beginning I may not have come off as such a dick. So again I apologize for the insult.

Best,

Christian

No worries, its hard for faceless words to get me angry and would be really stupid too. I m sure I came off snarky, and for that I apoligize. The "regulars" here just get tired of having people put the doping crap in here. Square peg, round hole, its just gets old.

Water under the bridge my internet friend, water under the bridge

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
kbiker3111 said:
I think a lot of people get mad when people start ragging on pro cycling in general. It might not be that they think Landis is innocent/rehabilitated/whatever but more that they're tired of hearing about what is wrong with pro cycling. Just a theory, anyway.
Why shouldn't we get mad? After all, it's my sport, too. Just as it is everyone here.

·
Trek Rental Agent
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
deastin said:
No worries, its hard for faceless words to get me angry and would be really stupid too. I m sure I came off snarky, and for that I apoligize. The "regulars" here just get tired of having people put the doping crap in here. Square peg, round hole, its just gets old.

Water under the bridge my internet friend, water under the bridge

So is this a bad time to ask if shaving will make me faster? and will
one water bottle cage make my bike lighter?:biggrin5:

·
Dweebus Maximus
211 Posts
kbiker3111 said:
Let's just line up all the messengers and shoot the entire batch at once. Much more efficient than doing it one by one.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Moderators Note

FatGut1 said:
See you in 5 days. Try reading the Forum Guidelines prior to posting again.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts