Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saying Hello. I recently got back into biking again after a brief hiatus (10 years). I've been running since January and riding two to three times per week since May so I'm still pretty green.

I rode ~100 miles a week for transportation until I was 16 and then rode mountain bikes in my 20's mostly on singletrack around Chicago and Kettle Morraine, WI areas.

I have been using cycling as a cross training aerobic exercise for running but I've fallen in love with it again.

Here are a couple of gratuitous pics of my rides:

1997 Schwinn Factory Homegrown FS XTR.

2008 Trek Madone 5.2

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Welcome to the RBR forum. You will find most everybody has a duel personality (MTB/ROAD) here and you already learned the most important lesson....to always post pictures. Threads with pics go over a lot better here.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
The Trek is prettier, but probably not as experienced.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ridgetop said:
The Trek is prettier, but probably not as experienced.
The Trek is a mere babe compared to the Schwinn, it still has "that new bike smell". The Homegrown has been a great bike and after 10 years in storage all it needed was a cleaning, some lube and new rubber.

The Trek is my first road bike since I sold my Peugot 5 Speed in 1982 and it is a whole world different. It is more bike than I am able to put to use right now but by the end of the summer I should be in better shape if things proceed accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.