Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes out to anyone who has used both the red and black 3D Pro chamois as well as the orange and grey 3D chamois. Is there much of a difference between the two other than the 2 mm of thickness? Is the Pro chamois worth the extra money?

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Ugh

Your product research bores me. When are you gonna make some dough so you can quit micro-analyzing your purchases?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Your product research bores me. When are you gonna make some dough so you can quit micro-analyzing your purchases?
Are you stalking me?

I'm about to spend about 90% of the balance of my checking account on shorts, I need to make sure I get the right thing.

I'll have a job, I hope, in a year and a half. Then I'm going to buy a Bianchi Pista and a Colnago Master X-Light with Record without even thinking twice about it.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Are you stalking me?

I'm about to spend about 90% of the balance of my checking account on shorts, I need to make sure I get the right thing.

I'll have a job, I hope, in a year and a half. Then I'm going to buy a Bianchi Pista and a Colnago Master X-Light with Record without even thinking twice about it.
Do you have an "interview suit?" And a few more suits in the event that you get a job? If not, you're never going to be able to buy any bike stuff.

I kind of laugh every time you post about your impovrished law student status. Don't you know what student loans are for? All joking aside, you surely will have more income in a year or two. But, you also will have more expenses -- eventually you will have a mortgage, a family, etc. Although I would hate to be back where buying a pair of shorts would clear out most of my checking account, I surely would like some of that vacation time that you have between semesters and during the summer.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MarkS said:
Do you have an "interview suit?" And a few more suits in the event that you get a job? If not, you're never going to be able to buy any bike stuff.

I kind of laugh every time you post about your impovrished law student status. Don't you know what student loans are for? All joking aside, you surely will have more income in a year or two. But, you also will have more expenses -- eventually you will have a mortgage, a family, etc. Although I would hate to be back where buying a pair of shorts would clear out most of my checking account, I surely would like some of that vacation time that you have between semesters and during the summer.
Yeah, being broke sucks, but I like the free time.

And I have 3 suits. I used to work at Marshall Field's and got stuff at a mad discount.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
You mean "Macy's"?

Scotty2Hotty said:

And I have 3 suits. I used to work at Marshall Field's and got stuff at a mad discount.
I worked in Chicago for a summer between my second and third years in law school (1982). So, I know a little about Chicago, still visit friends there and have warm feelings about the place. I can't believe that Macy's is going to drop the Marshall Field's name on its Chicago stores and that The Berghoff Restaurant is closing, too. I would rather have lost the World Series than to give up such storied Chicago institutions.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MarkS said:
I worked in Chicago for a summer between my second and third years in law school (1982). So, I know a little about Chicago, still visit friends there and have warm feelings about the place. I can't believe that Macy's is going to drop the Marshall Field's name on its Chicago stores and that The Berghoff Restaurant is closing, too. I would rather have lost the World Series than to give up such storied Chicago institutions.
I'm TOed about The Berghoff also. I went there last week and I'm going to go again on Monday to stuff myself full of German sausages before they close.

They have a waiter at The Berghoff who looks like an ewok, so that makes the trip worth it.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:

With all this free time on your hands and no expenses, you could actually WORK and earn yourself a couple of pairs of Assoses, you lazy bum-flake good-for-nothing freak. Are you afraid to do some manual labor or something? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Manual labor

rogger said:
With all this free time on your hands and no expenses, you could actually WORK and earn yourself a couple of pairs of Assoses, you lazy bum-flake good-for-nothing freak. Are you afraid to do some manual labor or something? Sheesh. :rolleyes:
Unless Scotty can land some union-rate manual labor, he will have to work for a long time, a real long time, to earn himself a couple of pair of Assoses (at $274.95 each). After all, once he has the shorts, then he'll have to get a few jerseys (at $149.95 each), and some winter gear -- like the Fugu Jacket (at $569.95).

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
MarkS said:
he will have to work for a long time, a real long time,
Yeah, that'll teach him. :D

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rogger said:
I just had an interview a week (or two) ago. The dude didn't hire me, so I roundhouse kicked him in the teeth.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Ah, more proof the life of a grad student is the same across the spectrum. With my grad studentness, not only can I avail myself of student loans (and grad student loan limits are much higher than lowly undergrads), I get PAID pretty darned well during the school year. And during the summer I get paid double I do for each pay period during the semester. Ahhhhh...the joy.

As to the PI chamois question....the worst PI chamois are as comfy as sliding naked down a 50ft razor blade into a vat of nitric acid, and the best are as comfy as wiping your brown eye on a jumping cholla cactus.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the 3D Microsensor and its the best fiting shorts that I have. Its super comfortable! Best of all it has a lifetime warranty. I had a hole in the short and had it replaced for free! Its well the money just for the warranty?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts