Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm just starting racing. I ride a LeMond Tourmalet. Pretty much stock. It comes with bontrager select wheelset, race lite tires. These are fine for training. But since I am racing, and plan on doing a few longer charity rides later on in the summer, I'm looking into getting a second set of wheels/tires. If I was only planning on using them for racing, maybe a few training days, and then my longer rides, would the nuevation r28 sl or r28 aero be better? Pricewise they appeal to me. Also what would be a decent set of tires, also not crazy expensive but good for collegiate racing and longer distance stuff. I weight like 125 lbs if that helps. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Aero is more important than weight. It is also cheaper and easier to build an aero/durable wheel than a light/durable one.

I think you'd be better off getting a custom build at oddsandendos. Niobium 30 rims, Speedcific hubs, 20/24 AE15&DB14 mix. Very aero, light, and about the same price as Neuvations.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rruff said:
Aero is more important than weight. It is also cheaper and easier to build an aero/durable wheel than a light/durable one.

I think you'd be better off getting a custom build at oddsandendos. Niobium 30 rims, Speedcific hubs, 20/24 AE15&DB14 mix. Very aero, light, and about the same price as Neuvations.
how would those hold up if i wanted to use them as everyday rims (i.e. sell my current setup to help finance this stuff) ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts