Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is either a disaster or genius, depending on your point of view. Lizzie Armistead and Laura Trott model them for you. Team member Martine Bras probably declined due to the unfortunate major pun issue of her name. Just who designs these things anyway and is there no-one checking out someone's design? Usually women get saddled with shorts that look like they're wearing diapers - or worse. :rolleyes:

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Is this any worse than the men's jersey's with painted on six-pack abs?

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Between the orange and the white piping on the raglan sleeve it looks like a spade on the front of the jersey.

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Spg

Podium girls is still with us. Is their an acronym like SPG = stealth podium girls?

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
What's wrong with a bit of highlighting?

Interesting that they're photographed wearing shorts with drawstring waist. I thought bibs were all the rage for womens race kit, but what do I know.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Most women racers have hardly any boobs anyway from being so lean. I guess it's up to the women wearing it to decide whether it's tacky or demeaning.
Looking closely it does appear they're wearing bibs and that the drawstrings are on sweats or something they're wearing over the bibs.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Some (many?) girls certainly like to display & accentuate their physical attributes up-top. But that remains optional.
IMO the problem is these jerseys make it mandatory, and not all girls would feel comfortable with it ...

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Gads, that's awful. That certainly won't help anyone take women's cycling seriously.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Doubt the ladies on the team got a vote.
Wonder what they think about it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.