Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my wheels by Troy earlier this week. I am extremely satisfied with my new wheelset. I was looking for a "do it all" wheelset and Troy produced just that. Troy recommended a 32R, 28F build due to my 195 pound weight. He recommended the H1 hub as well as a couple of others and I chose the H1. I wanted a strong rim and went with Troy's recommendation of the Crostini R3.1/R3.2 combination. I don't have a scale but Troy said the final weight is ~1410 grams which is lighter than anything that I own. Due to high work volume this week I have only been able to go out for 25 miles. I think I smiled the entire ride. I did some slow seated climbs, standing hill climbs, fast descents, and some fast rollers. The wheels took everything that I threw at them. I love the rich sound of the freewheel. The braking surface on these rims is excellent!!!

I am very happy with the wheelset and am already making plans for another set. Thanks Troy!!!

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
martroy said:
Lucky you! I can't wait to get mine! :)

Great bike by the way! What size is it ?
Thanks! My CR1 is a XXL (61cm). I am between a 58cm and a 61cm. I felt more comfy on the 61cm. When I bought it the sales guy was just handing me different bikes to ride. After all of the test rides I chose my current bike because it felt the best and not even knowing the size of it. I didn't even pay attention to the size until after having it for two weeks while I was cleaning it and finally saw the size label.

Price??? Ligero Wheels is very comptetively priced. Shoot Troy an email or call him and have him quote you some prices.

· Banned
2,767 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
I am very happy with the wheelset and am already making plans for another set. Thanks Troy!!!
Nice wheels. They look strangley familiar, save for the shiny hubs and red Firestones. I'm sure you already noticed that the rear hub do make a pretty sound. The spoke lacing that Troy did up (at least on mine) is a nice combo of old style and modern high tech lookin: 2x front and 2x/3x rear for the traditional look; and for that modern high tech look he laced 'em both so that the projection of any given spoke onto a plane normal to the wheel's axis of rotation is coincident with the radius of a circle that is not necessarily concentric with the circle whose axis of symmetry is coincident with the axle's axis of rotation.

It's all in how you look at it.

· Registered
838 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
Tell us about those rims you got on that bike?
They are a 33mm tall carbon reinforced niobium rim that weighs 365 grams. I have been using a pair for a about a year and really like them. Best part is that they look really cool!

kevinmcdade said:
What size is that frame? Inquiring minds want to know about those wheels. Are those the ones you were telling me about a couple of days ago?
Those are the ones!

· Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
alienator said:
Nice wheels. They look strangley familiar, save for the shiny hubs and red Firestones. I'm sure you already noticed that the rear hub do make a pretty sound. The spoke lacing that Troy did up (at least on mine) is a nice combo of old style and modern high tech lookin: 2x front and 2x/3x rear for the traditional look; and for that modern high tech look he laced 'em both so that the projection of any given spoke onto a plane normal to the wheel's axis of rotation is coincident with the radius of a circle that is not necessarily concentric with the circle whose axis of symmetry is coincident with the axle's axis of rotation.

It's all in how you look at it.
Does it get any better after a couple of beers? Does any of the phases of the lunar cycles effect it it in anyway. If I toss the wheelset in my bathtub when it's full of water which way will it spin as the tub empties? I'm so confused can I go home now?

· Banned
2,767 Posts
Juanmoretime said:
Does it get any better after a couple of beers? Does any of the phases of the lunar cycles effect it it in anyway. If I toss the wheelset in my bathtub when it's full of water which way will it spin as the tub empties? I'm so confused can I go home now?
Everything gets better after a couple of beers, right? During 1/4 of the lunar cycle, everything may have a red tint to it. Which way everything seems to spin will depend on what side of your head concerned cyclists are hitting you: you should know better than to throw nice, Tune hubs into a full bathtub!

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rockstar2083 said:
You bastards are taunting me. Troy is reportedly working on my wheels today. The anticipation is killing me.
I was the same way everytime I would see someone post about receiving their Ligero wheelset. The wait was well worth it.

· Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Taunting You.......

rockstar2083 said:
You bastards are taunting me. Troy is reportedly working on my wheels today. The anticipation is killing me.
What about me, Troy hasn't even gotten the parts for my wheels yet, how do you think I feel? All these Ligero sporting bastards taunting me one after another, Killin me it is.
Alas, mine are for cross, and I really won't get to play with them until September.........
I could die by then.

· Registered
43 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
What about me, Troy hasn't even gotten the parts for my wheels yet, how do you think I feel? All these Ligero sporting bastards taunting me one after another, Killin me it is.
Alas, mine are for cross, and I really won't get to play with them until September.........
I could die by then.
Hey Troy, who's the next in line ? :D

Martin

1,144 Posts
let me help you guys out

alienator said:
Everything gets better after a couple of beers, right? During 1/4 of the lunar cycle, everything may have a red tint to it. Which way everything seems to spin will depend on what side of your head concerned cyclists are hitting you: you should know better than to throw nice, Tune hubs into a full bathtub!
http://www.stonebrew.com/irs/

1,144 Posts
After a 22 oz Stone IRS

rockstar2083 said:
Ohh that's really helping - the closest distributor of that is 500 miles away. However, I do have a couple bottles of Augustiner smuggled in from a colleague. Maybe they can assuage my anguish.
I can't even spell Wheels.......

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.