Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a new pair of cycling shoes.

I have a question about sizing.

Here goes. Whenever I do my longer rider >75 my feet get sore on the outsides. I thought about gettting wider shoes, but, don't really feel that I'd need them 80% of the time.

When I buy running shoes, I always buy a half size bigger so that my feet don't get sore.

Should I be buying my cycling shoes a half size bigger as well?

Joe

· Banned
664 Posts
Strange, is it because of rubbing or do they feel tight and maybe circulation problems.
What type of socks do you wear ? are they 2 thick or 2 thin maybe ?

Personally i dont think you want cycling shoes with slack.

Just thought about what pedals you were using, are you using clipless pedals or could you be using pedals and clips/straps which can be a little uncomfortable

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CyclingVirtual

I usually wear WrightSock Double Layer Running Lite Anklet Sock or similar when I ride.

As for pedals, I'm using Look Keo. Shoes are Sidi Genius - they are a few years old, so probably Genius 4.

Joe

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Get the wide shoes, Joe. I had the same problem and just ignored it for a long time. Yhree years ago I had surgery on my left foot because of the damage I had done to it. My podiatrist (also a cyclist) yelled at me and said to buy some wide shoes. I did. No prob since then. Generally speaking about fit...lots of people are of the opinion that cycling shoes should fit tight, or at least snug. I disagree. As you ride your foot swells. If the shoe fits snugly the pressure on any sensitive spots is going to increase. Buy them like you do your runniing shoes. When you shop for them, try to do it near the end of the day when your feet are the most swollen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.