Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have slicks for the road. I have a dry and fast dirt. I have a mud. But, darn-it, I really need to find a tire that's sticky and fast enough for wet pavement that I can then take directly onto singletrack. I have a 15-20 mile ride to the mountains and I don't want to drive. I have Michelin Mud 2s and they don't stick to the wet pavement and just aren't good for the commute to destination (soft). My dry fast tires are better, but not great once I get into the jungle (wet clay mud).

Anything out there that wouldn't make me slide on wet pavement and allow me to go straight from the road ....off. It's been raining real hard for the past week, so I am aching to get dirty.

In August we'll get some typhoons (hurricanes) that will make everywhere nice and messy, so maybe I can find something by then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I have used Panaracer Pasela and Avocet Cross II offroad, in 700x32. They are semi-slicks that have traction on wet pavement.

The sidewalls on the Avocet tire seem to be stronger. Unfortunately, it looks like production on them has stopped.

The tread pattern on the 37C is different from the others. I'd recommend the 35C.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.