Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built up a set of wheels with what seems to be a fairly common combination of parts within the RBR crowd. DT 240s hubs, Kinlin xr270 rims, and sapim cxray spokes. I’m guessing I have built 20 to 30 wheels over the years and this set came out significantly better. Supper round and even/higher tensions.

So big thanks to everyone who helped answer my questions and point me in new directions.

Particularly: Ligero and rruff for there willingness to help out a weekend hack. Used your advice on spoke target tensions and found the parts at alchemy.

Mike T. – used your entire spoke “pre-stressing and wind up relieving” techniques. I loved the order and “structure” of your methods. Not a single peep from the wheels or need to touch up.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
noice one mate... i really like the combination of deeper rims on quality hubs - these ones look very nice too.... would love to see a set of these w/ black spokes and red nips tho... classy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wankski said:
noice one mate... i really like the combination of deeper rims on quality hubs - these ones look very nice too.... would love to see a set of these w/ black spokes and red nips tho... classy.
yep - your red nips would be great. errrrrrrr

Anyway, I went really simple so they could be used on a couple of bikes one red and one blue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ClassicSteel71 said:
I really wanna build a set of wheels. Well done.
Do it.

For me wheel building is one of the most satisfying things I know to do. I am a bit OCD and wheel building is good medicine. All the little bits combine to make a really cool structure.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
GH-Mike said:
Mike T. – used your entire spoke “pre-stressing and wind up relieving” techniques. I loved the order and “structure” of your methods. Not a single peep from the wheels or need to touch up.
Awesome! Thanks for that. Nice wheels too! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.