Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've seen the colors for the 2011 Roubaix for the Japanese market. Colors for the U.S. market will most likely be different. Has anyone seen what the color scheme will be for the 2011 Roubaix Expert here in the states?

Thanks S1

·
Registered
32 Posts
2011 Roubaix S-Works SL3

The new Roubaix uses internal cable routing, which I don't think is a good idea. It will cause more cable friction and make shifting even more difficult than it already is. It looks like they might be using Gore cabling...

I don't like the orange / white color combo. A nice red / white would have looked better. The stealth black one look good. I am glad they took off all the Specialized logos plastered over the previous bikes. My S-Works Roubaix SL2 looks like a rolling Specialized billboard.

Overall, the SL3 does not look like a huge jump from the SL2. I'll wait for the SL4 or 5.:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
darkest_fugue said:
the new allez has really caught my eye, full rival with a nice wheelset that would be one sweet ride at a nice price
I'm already contemplating should I get a new 2011 Allez versus 2011 Tarmac. I'm thinking with the Allez I would use the saved money for a pair of hot wheels for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
nismo73 said:

Nice photochop nismo73. The black/white frame looks great.
Now if they can get rid of the ugly zebra graphics of their crappy Roval wheels....

For all their S-Works Roubaix SL3's, they should use the Dura-Ace Carbon wheels like on the black bike. I have these wheels and they are excellent being very lightweight, strong and they look cool.

·
Registered
21 Posts
livestrong7 said:
Nice photochop nismo73. The black/white frame looks great.
Now if they can get rid of the ugly zebra graphics of their crappy Roval wheels....

For all their S-Works Roubaix SL3's, they should use the Dura-Ace Carbon wheels like on the black bike. I have these wheels and they are excellent being very lightweight, strong and they look cool.

Agree with the comments on the Roval and Dura Ace wheels - I'm sure Roval wouldn't be on the bike if it wasn't for Specialized owning them. They don't seem to have a great reputation - hopefully they are being improved. Most of all though - I don't like the orange colours - you couldn't call Orange a classic colour for a bike (well I wouldn't anyway). I imagine they will ride well though (wheels aside :mad2: )

I agree too that I like the approach for the Allez - may help it compete more directly with the CAAD9 (soon to be 10) which has an almost cult following.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
giro di lento said:
Agree with the comments on the Roval and Dura Ace wheels - I'm sure Roval wouldn't be on the bike if it wasn't for Specialized owning them. They don't seem to have a great reputation - hopefully they are being improved. Most of all though - I don't like the orange colours - you couldn't call Orange a classic colour for a bike (well I wouldn't anyway). I imagine they will ride well though (wheels aside :mad2: )

I agree too that I like the approach for the Allez - may help it compete more directly with the CAAD9 (soon to be 10) which has an almost cult following.
You may not like it, but for certain orange is considered a classic color:

http://www.midcalracing.com/mondonico/mondonicopista.htm

View attachment 203950

·
Registered
282 Posts
its not the orange, my sx trail is orange and it looks great, its that particular shade of orange combined with the unflattering placement of the stripes with the bland white bits, it reminds me of a nasty bowl of spaghetti bolognese i vomited up once!!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
darkest_fugue said:
its not the orange, my sx trail is orange and it looks great, its that particular shade of orange combined with the unflattering placement of the stripes with the bland white bits, it reminds me of a nasty bowl of spaghetti bolognese i vomited up once!!
Well, seeing as you're open to orange and are occasionally looking to 'upgrade', let me help you stimulate the economy. :)
View attachment 203951

·
Registered
282 Posts
mmm, that isnt too bad actually, im more interested at seeing the new allez comp though, full rival groupset, new improved frame, tarmac geo, id throw an ultegra wheelset on there and its good to go, id have a different ride to compliment my roubaix, that single speed looks brilliant by the way

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.