Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are, please what size are you riding? Seems I fall pretty much between the 56 and 58.

I tend to think the 58 would better suit my XL 595 but still am a little unsure. And I would measure them up in the (huge) lbs down my way, but all they have are 54's in stock :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in the same boat you are. Same height, but just wasn't sure.
Had a fit done today and a 58 worked out perfect
Good luck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm 6ft dead. I ride a 54 cm with a 110mm stem. I used to have a 56 but it just felt like I was stretched out I feel much better on the 54.

·
TRB
55 Posts
I'm 6' 2" tall and I ride a 61cm Cervelo RS. I got fitted at my LBS by a certified fitter. We tried a 58cm and a 61cm and the 61 just fit better for me. I love it!!!

I would go to your LBS and ride both a 58 & 61 if the have it and talk with them about getting fitted if they fit there.

Tim

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
61 in the RS geo will be waaaaaaaay too tall in the head tube for me.

I race and am not too bad flexibility wise, so can rule that out already.

Ta anyway.

And I mentioned about my lbs....

·
Registered
1 Posts
6' 1" ~190 lbs and ride a S1 58

Hi!

I'm 6' 1" tall and weigh ~ 190 lbs. I test rode a 54, 56 and 58. The 58 felt most comfortable. Before I purchased I was fitted (Kona, Hawaii) and the 58 seemed to work best for my body geometry as a 43 year old bike commuter, scientist and yoga teacher (so I have some flexibility).

I've been riding my new S1 58 since February. I have approximately 1,500 miles on it (stock ultegra bike) and have no complaints. This is my first road bike so I don't have anything to compare it to except for my 29er mountain bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts