Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working with a friend on a startup and I have been designated our database developer, only because I am the only one that has any experience. I am looking for resources that will help me with coding event procedures to be used in forms. Any books you might suggest.

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2003, about 3 years

Mostly on the design end not development end. My background (education) was in mathematics and I did some minor programming in C++ many years ago.

For work experience, I have designed db's on a project by project basis (table structures, UI, queries, reports etc...) In the past I have always designed the db and then worked with a devloper to create the actual tool. Since this is a startup I now need to act as developer too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just put out an email asking for recommended books for that version. My shop hasn't started using it yet, we support 2.0, A97, 2K and 2002. Sounds like you're reasonably comfortable with table creation, normalization and primary keys and foreign keys. This is crucial. I highly recommend joining the Database Advisors list, as the community spectrum is from raw newbie to hardcore large platform gurus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts