Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building an urban/dirt jumping bike and am looking for some advice?
I have a Kona Stinky with some mods that I use mostly for Downhill, and have a Norco Evolve that I bought to get into trials and am just not into it, so I'm selling it and want to build a bike I can cruize around and jump stuff! I don't know much about good Urban parts, so ANY and ALL advice would be well appreciated!
I want a single speed thats Sick!

Where to start on parts: what and where???

Thanks

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
CoryJ said:
I'm building an urban/dirt jumping bike and am looking for some advice?
I have a Kona Stinky with some mods that I use mostly for Downhill, and have a Norco Evolve that I bought to get into trials and am just not into it, so I'm selling it and want to build a bike I can cruize around and jump stuff! I don't know much about good Urban parts, so ANY and ALL advice would be well appreciated!
I want a single speed thats Sick!

Where to start on parts: what and where???

Thanks
You might get more help over at the single speed forum on MTB review,

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

·
Registered
8 Posts
Specialized P series

Hey Cory,
I am a long time jumper/urban assulter. I currently ride a Specializes P.2. I put on Hydro brake, way better stoping then the cable pull disk. I also use mine for mtn X, so bear with me. I have a Fox fork, Dura-ace rear, Saint crancks, Thompson stem, and seat post, Lock on grips!!! a must for any aggressive riding. and tire all depend on what i ride.

·
It's all ball bearings
5,258 Posts
hcor

check out www.hcor.net, and dig around in the urban/park/DJ forum to see what the latest best frames and parts are out there.

I'm riding a Kona Cowan right now with a couple year old marzocchi DJ1, atomlab wheels, Kona bulge cranks, bmx chain, primo bmx seat, thompson post, avid rear disc brake (no front brake), some norco stem, fsa pig dh headset, and an easton bar. It sort of old school but it suits my needs well enough.

A lot of mtb street/DJ frames nowadays have bmx bottom bracket shell and are very similar geomtry/feel to bmx frames.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts