Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like what the title says. Any good bike stores that sell classic steel-frame bikes in NY or NJ?

I'm looking at purchasing a quality steel, classic, vintage De Rosa, Peugot, Colnago, etc.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Wheelfine

rkdvsm said:
Just like what the title says. Any good bike stores that sell classic steel-frame bikes in NY or NJ?

I'm looking at purchasing a quality steel, classic, vintage De Rosa, Peugot, Colnago, etc.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Wheelfine outside Lambertville NJ has a good selection of old-school steel frames. Its an interesting place to browse around

·
Registered
950 Posts
DaveG said:
Wheelfine outside Lambertville NJ has a good selection of old-school steel frames. Its an interesting place to browse around
+1

Michael is a trip. Call before you go to make sure he's there.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
There used to be a place over near Irving Place that carried that type of stuff. I remember walking by one night a few years back and being greeted by vividly colored lugged steel frames in the window. So, east side between Irving and 3rd in the mid/upper teens.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe the store krisdrum is referring to is on east 17th street. They opened up an annex on 15th and Irving Place also. Check out R&A Cycles web page. Look under the "sale" or "clearance" section. They used to have lots of steel Casatis there. In general, I think smaller, older shops would be your best bet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts