Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contemplating some future plans for a TT bike. My road bike is campy; and any race wheels I got would ideally be compatible between my road and TT bike. Plus parts swaps in a pinch would be easier.

But campy is more expensive. Is campy useable on TT bikes? Does it work well? Anyone have any thoughts to share?

Would I be better off getting a shimano-equipped TT bike? How valuable is compatibility between bikes?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Really, Campy bar end shifters are only $50 more expensive than Shimano. Chorus equipped bikes are the same price as Dura Ace, and are lighter (but not by much). If you are going to drop serious $$$ on wheels, then there is no question that having 1 deep section set is less expensive than 2.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
The only thing that's different is the levers/shifters, right? So what's the big deal?

If you're looking at a TT bike you know that in order to be successful using you'll want to spend a lot of time on it. So use your regular training wheels (Campy).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.