Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week one of our more gregarious friends sent out a text inviting our normal party crowd to meet him at one of the Mexican restaurants for drinks tomorrow.

Being the responsible friends we are, and seeing as how we all live in the same neighborhood, my wife and I decided to have them all over for drinks at our house. It started as "let's keep it simple, just get some chips and a bottle of tequila and the rest will be BYOB". Since then my fridge has filled up with various quiches, salsa, etc. A friend is bringing some sort of food. And I just printed out recipes for different tequila drinks for people to try out.

Should be fun. I still hope to get out on the bike Saturday.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Either some Arizona margs or Tecate and lime. Possibly with a visit to the local supermercado for a pound of their delicious shredded beef or pork. Not a fan of beef lengua, but I'll go to down on the birria. And seriously, $10 gets you a pound of meet, a dozen tortillas, and a half-pint of home-smashed guacamole that'll feed 4 people. Eat your heart out, Taco Bell!

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
Pretty much just staying off the roads because of all the drunks tonight.

My boss once asked me, "So when is Cinco de Mayo anyway?" Without missing a beat I replied, "Usually it's on May 5th." Made her laugh when she realized what she had just asked. :D

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Just another one of those silly reason to drink too much holidays like St Patrick's. Given that it falls on a Friday this year, is it even relevant? Bought a bottle of Herradura tequila last night for the hell of it.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'm not really into the holidays I have no affiliation with. In DC, most of the hispanics are Salvadorian or Honduran. They don't really get down with May 5th. When I lived in San Diego.....That place goes nuts.

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
I'll see if Moe's still has free t-shirts after I leave work.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
I live in L.A. and I don't see any of my Mexican friends celebrating.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Felt more like Dia de los Muertos to me. For the first time in over 12 years, I missed two days of work this past week due to illness. Thursday I was half convinced I was dying and Friday I was half wishing I had. Today, I'm kinda glad I didn't... starting to feel a little better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.