Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C24-CL Clincher Wheelset

Any deals to be found? i've read that they have been as low as $699.00 in the past.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
$816 at Western Bike works and free shipping.

·
HERKWO
726 Posts

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Merlin Cycles sells for $740 delivered.
Evans calculates at $803 for me.

Great wheelset. Possibly the best value out there.

·
HERKWO
726 Posts
Evans calculates at $803 for me.[/QUOTE

If you fail to update the Delivery Country to the US then you will not remove the VAT & the price will incorrectly show $803.
With the Delivery Country updated you will see the actual $670 price to the US.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Preorder now thru Evans cycles for $670. Site says they are due in on the 15th.
I've had good success w/ previous purchases & was not hit with any additional delivery or customs charges (yrmv). None have been wheelsets though...
Be sure to update the International currency and country of delivery to see the non-VAT price.
https://www.evanscycles.com/en-us/shimano-dura-ace-c24-carbon-laminate-clincher-wheelset-EV184214
To the US it's $670.00 + $73.00 for large package = $743.00

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Merlin Cycles sells for $740 delivered.
Evans calculates at $803 for me.

Great wheelset. Possibly the best value out there.
Merlin is shipping these via UPS so plan on paying their customs fees on top of that 'free' shipping price. (on Merlin always click on the shipping tab to see how they ship products)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found the wheels at Chain Reaction Cycles. They are $729.99. When you add your email address they give you a $15.00 voucher dropping the cost to $714.99 free shipping, no duty and no large package cost. I couldn't find it cheaper. Now that I ordered I will now find it a multiple places cheaper!!!

Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C24 Clincher Wheelset | Chain Reaction Cycles

Thank you all for the input

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
$715 is pretty decent price for them...you did fine.

I bought a set in April for $730 which was the lowest I could find at the time.

almost tempted to buy another set...

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Do it. I own a brand new spare set stored in my closet. I plan to sell my used set when they reach about 15k miles - before they start to show their age and at a point when they'll fetch around $300. Only 4k to go!

I rebuild the rear every 4k and the front less frequently. Not used on wet roads, unless unintentionally. Amazingly sturdy wheels and never needed truing.

$715 is pretty decent price for them...you did fine.

I bought a set in April for $730 which was the lowest I could find at the time.

almost tempted to buy another set...

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Amazingly sturdy wheels and never needed truing.
my 7900s went 14K miles with no adjustments needed. then they got mangled beyond repair by a BMW.

just had the 9000s trued this week after only 1500 miles...but, being hit by a Toyota tends to induce some wobble.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my 7900s went 14K miles with no adjustments needed. then they got mangled beyond repair by a BMW.

just had the 9000s trued this week after only 1500 miles...but, being hit by a Toyota tends to induce some wobble.
BMW then a Toyota - are you sure you aren't hitting them :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The rims arrived in good time. The were in perfect shape and true out of the box. I'm truly satisfied with their customer service and shipping.

If work allows, I will try to take them on a run this evening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.