Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
F1000SL
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can do some stuff including some formulas, but still not my thing. I do some bike race stuff, in a series(8 race) total, I can do the auto sum to add the points from each race, which in turn changes the placing for each racer, which is what I would like for exel to do, if it can be done. I have 500 racers so manually takes along time also more room for error,:)

thanks

·
Two wheels=freedom!
708 Posts
Try setting up a pivot table. You can then easily sort the pivot table by position, and it should work. The pivot table works if all the race data is on one sheet.

If you have individual race data on multiple worksheets, you would have to use nested conditional array statements and a look down/drill down reporting page.

Otherwise, go with a simple database. Or look at a copy of MS Access. Databases are designed to do things that are beyond the scope of spreadsheets.

·
F1000SL
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, well I did

try some of the sorting yesterday and it wasnt working. Yes we do get about 300+ racers per race, about 40 newbies per race which add to the fun.

The software I use is to do it, now there is a bug somewhere. Thats the reason for the exel use.

thanks
lets see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
A simple sort will accomplish what you are wanting. Highlight each column containing the rider's information, then select Data, Sort and sort in descending order using the column containing the rider's points.

·
Increase your member
56 Posts
With multiple races, you can't get a series ranking with a simple sort. It sounds like an easy job for a pivot table though. Racer in the row and Sum of Points in the data.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts