Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to guestimate how warm it actually needs to be for me to get out on the road. I think I'm just about ready to get out on my beater and start training outside. I don't think I can take another day of the trainer. Are there any roadies in the area that are already out there training? Please chime in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ft. Wainwright close enough?

jorj54 said:
I'm trying to guestimate how warm it actually needs to be for me to get out on the road. I think I'm just about ready to get out on my beater and start training outside. I don't think I can take another day of the trainer. Are there any roadies in the area that are already out there training? Please chime in.
Well, maybe more accurate to say I used to live there in early 1970's when my dad was stationed there in the Army ;-) I rode motorcycles when I lived there, but have wondered what the bike riding is like now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close enough indeed!

I actually am stationed at Ft Wainwright. It seems that being a roadie up here makes you a minority. I don't know how they were when you were here, but they are pretty bad. If the gravel doesn't get you, then the potholes may. None the less, I get out and ride as much as possible. It's not bad enough to deter me from getting out and riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts