Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a 2011 Newest 1.0 on July 6, and I have throughly enjoyed this bike. it's really a good machine. Like another post about the Newest, I had looked at Specialized ( and Giant, Novarra Divano from REI.) But the Fuji had the better components. And Performance had a great deal on the price. I've been out of cycling for about 10 years and I needed something to replace my 1991 steel frame road bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you, you cant go wrong with red/black/white combo. Only part that really sucks is its sitting in my house not being used due to the fact that I'm deployed. What are you looking at in terms of your 2nd Fuji road bike. post pics if you get a chance.

derrgti, EricS, & Stanik63, Welcome to club Fuji and keep posting pics of those awesome rides on the road....
I've changed my plans a bit. I'm working on one of my old steel bikes, '89 Schwinn Tempo, into a more all-round-bike. Bigger tires, platform pedals, fenders, for riding on greenways. This ride will be more casual and leave my Fuji for more road-training. And Performance always has some deals on closeout of prior model years. Maybe a good deal on a carbon frame machine.

But small stuff in comparison to being deployed in Afganistan. Stay safe and get back to the States and your bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Roadlight, thanks for telling your story. I went from a classic steel bike, a Bridgestone RB-1 to a Fuji Newest (aluminum frame, carbon fork) nowhere near the same feel. Slowly I decided to get a full CF frame bike. Ouch, the cost. Then I found a 2012 Fuji Gran Fondo that the owner wanted to unload. They had become interested in running, so I got a great deal on the bike. Winter has limited some of my riding but so far I like the feel of the Gran Fondo 4.0.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts