Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good deal on a sram rival/force groupset (preferably with a compact crank). anyone see any good deals on such a set lately?

would be willing to go red if it was a good enough deal.

·
Milk was a bad choice.
1,338 Posts
I was looking at groupsets a while back, and totalcycling.com (a UK site) had the best group prices anywhere I could find on the interweb. Or, you could buy a Neuvation or Bikesdirect.com bike, strip the parts off, and sell the frame on eBay.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I spent multiple days searching when I was looking for a Rival set, and no one could touch Ebay. The lowest I found was about $650 shipped. I watch a couple auctions for new kits, and they went up to even over the BIN option for some sellers. Force was around 250 more, but that wasn't worth the weight savings since my road biking is just x-training for mtb racing (my mtb only weighs 1/2 lb more than my road bike) and 250 will buy tires and chains! Closest was totalcycling.com, but still about 60 more with shipping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
JohnHenry said:
I bought mine from texascyclesport.com for under $700...sign up for their email updates for deals.
+1 Ordered an 8 piece Force Group last week for $810 with a coupon code received via email (expired now). I think it's still under $900 with code INRB.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
bikebling.com has good deal on Force and Red right now

·
Registered
93 Posts
easyridernyc said:
what is force equivalent in shimano? ultegra? slightly better or slightly not quite as?
I'd say that 2010 force is closer to dura-ace 7800 than ultegra 6600. I haven't tried either of the newer shimanos (6700 or 7900).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just bought 2010 force group off ebay. Free shipping and bing 8% cash back. I think it was $800 to my door. Came in yesterday and JUST finished getting it on my bike (of course it's raining now).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts