Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i'm looking for a good entry-level bike to be used for Triathalon's. I'm looking to be about $600-$700. i'm 5'2.5" and weigh about 135-145 depending on where i'm at in a training cycle/ upcoming running races.
any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
D

· Registered
656 Posts
Agreed. If you're not going to be serious about racing, there's no point in buying a tri bike unless you have money to blow. They're not great for casual riding or road racing. A road bike with clip ons will do a fine job if you're not looking to beat the course record.

Besides, for 600-700 it will be hard to find a tri bike that's a whole lot better than a road bike with clip ons.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
livin4lax09 said:
Agreed. If you're not going to be serious about racing, there's no point in buying a tri bike unless you have money to blow. They're not great for casual riding or road racing. A road bike with clip ons will do a fine job if you're not looking to beat the course record.

Besides, for 600-700 it will be hard to find a tri bike that's a whole lot better than a road bike with clip ons.

Thanks for the info - i was thinking about just a road bike and getting some clip-on aero bars, just wanted to see what other people out there though.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.