Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL LOL I had to post some pictures of my GT since i havnt seen any posted around here. It came with almost full rival however after a season of riding it i decided that 10 speed would look better on my road machine and nine speed would be better here. Also the Shimano shifters lend themselves to the barrel adjusters coming out of the shifter. That and i added the inline levers for the built in barrel adjusters so i could use them to get the brakes nice and tight but still let them out to remove the wheels.
After owning a nice Surly Cross check (Died in an accident) and a Bianchi Axis (Flexy flyer) I have been really happy with this bike. Will i race it this year? I would like to but right now i dont have the time to ride like i would like to. Still i have it set up so i can ride it back and forth to my day job at the bike shop. It really does ride great and i have put as much as 3 1/2 hours riding it at a time and it feels great. It has the Kenisis aluminum frame with very nice welds. All in all it is the best looking and one of the nicest riding bikes i have ever owned. And the cream color is very different from so many other bikes out there.

Ok, enjoy the pictures.

Bill

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youall got me. I took the chain straight from the road bike and it is indeed a couple links to short and is on my to do list once i get over this monster sinus/ear infection i picked up 10 days ago.

As for the rack its a performance rack, and it is the 4 bolt one, as in four allen bolts to bolt to the seat post. It doesnt sway a bit with the bags, very secure. Easily carries my shoes, and work clothes for a day at the shop.

ANd the ride is very good. I cant say im in love with the current brushed metal look, But this bike has been a great ride.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.